Can someone quickly explain lacrosse to me? Soccer on a stick?

Viewing 3 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Hockey on grass with football helmets. 

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Whatever it is, this is probably our first commit. I read that the season is February to May. It’s almost impossible to make it to a sunny, warm Utah baseball game, it doesn’t look like lacrosse is going to be weather friendly for fans.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

I went to every home game this year. The weather was fantastic. Also that might be the first commit after announcing the D-1 move, but its far from the first commit for this upcoming class. 

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

I honestly wanted Utah to get a lacrosse team for the awesome lacrosse gear they’ll make. The sticks with logos, gloves with logos, really awesome helmets etc.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Closer to hockey than to soccer.

Hope we start seeing more western teams move from clubs to NCAA level as the schools in Utah and Colorado are rather isolated right now.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Being isolated might be a good thing. If a kid wants to head west and isn’t going to Air Force, there are only two choices, us and Denver (I think). I have no Idea what kind of program can be built on a 15 million dollar endowment or how that compares with good, established lacrosse programs.

It will be fun to learn about a new sport.

CyclingUte
      Ute Fan
      @cyclingute

I live on the east coast and lacrosse is huge out here. And I know nothing about it. Now that Utah has a team I’ll probably take the time to learn the rules and hopefully become a bigger fan.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Can someone quickly explain lacrosse to me? Soccer on a stick?