Viewing 5 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

We throw some money his way? 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The MMA fighting coach sure knew how to have our D ends hand fight all the way to the QB s front doorstep.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The problem is, Powell is doing a great job. Look at his recruits: Maxs Tupai, Fotu, Anae, Agasiva, Ford, Luafatasaga, Penisini, Tafua, etc. 

He’s a monster recruiter and the DL has been good under him. We don’t want to lose Powell. 

Also, if we are to add another coach, we need more help on offense. Fred is a recruiting genius (Tuttle), Holliday is doing great things, Taylor should get another year, Harding is a great coach. 

There really isn’t anyone to sack for Tuiaki. And if granted an additional coach, the offense needs more help than the defense. 

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

The problem is, Powell is doing a great job. Look at his recruits: Maxs Tupai, Fotu, Anae, Agasiva, Ford, Luafatasaga, Penisini, Tafua, etc. 

He’s a monster recruiter and the DL has been good under him. We don’t want to lose Powell. 

Also, if we are to add another coach, we need more help on offense. Fred is a recruiting genius (Tuttle), Holliday is doing great things, Taylor should get another year, Harding is a great coach. 

There really isn’t anyone to sack for Tuiaki. And if granted an additional coach, the offense needs more help than the defense. 

My response…  I agree, we really have a pretty good staff, particularly on the defensive side.  The jury is still out on Troy Taylor, but I’d like to give him a couple of years to see if his process works.  I think we have really good coaches at both the line and wide receiver positions. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

It’s great that he’s recruiting, but 4 stars doesn’t get you sacks in the game. Why can’t his D-ends get tot he QB?

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

The NCAA will allow a 10th coach starting in January, I believe.  He could get added to the staff.  But there is no real place for him as a major assistant.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

He wouldn’t be a bad hire, but we need help on offense. The real question is, who could we bring in to help? Someone from EWU’s staff from last year? 

p.s. if it makes anyone feel better, we are better offensively than Cal in every category but passing yards (Cal is 3 yards better per game) and scoring offense (Cal is 0.3 points better per game). 

Ha ha. 

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

No thanks

I’m working on a piece about our defense that will provide my reasoning.

More to come

deleted
      Ute Fan
      @rolandovich

We will be fine.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can we get coach Tuiaki back as D-line coach? With TDS messing the bed, can