CFB 2024 returning production rankings

Viewing 1 reply thread

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Utah is ranked #16 and basically tied with Colorado for 72% returning production considering both Offense and Defense.

Of the teams ranked higher, no CFP contender has as much or more returning production as Utah. Makes sense since the elite schools turn over their roster every year. And this also makes sense why analysts are so high on Utah with preseason rankings/expectations.

ESPN CFB 2024 returning production rankings

2 2

NorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @northernute24

We may end up getting humbled to open it up… Oklahoma state is ranked higher than us, and so is Iowa State and they showed glimpses of being a competitive team last year as well. Definitely cause to worry, still think we can beat them both but probably a lot closer games than people think.

4 8

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Oh. My. God. The Oklahoma State fear in this fanbase is amazing. It’s impressive.

We rushed for more yards per game than Oklahoma State did last year, in a tougher conference and with no passing game. OSU lost to South Alabama and UCF and Iowa State. If you are physical with them, they shut down. They aren’t bad. Not at all.

But all this “Utah is about to get humbled…” nonsense. Jesus Christ. We are more talented than they are. We recruit better than they do. We have the better QB. We have the better pass catchers. We have the better defense.

Can they beat us? Sure. But to be afraid of them?

Nah. No team that, as you said, “showed glimpses of being competitive last year” should cause worry. Oklahoma State also lost to South Alabama and almost s**t the bed vs BYU when all they had to do was win and go play for a conference title. And Iowa State lost to Ohio…not Ohio State, but Ohio, and Memphis last year. Any team with a pulse beat them.

This schedule is so much easier next year. We have one of our most talented teams ever. We went to four of the last five PAC-12 title games in a conference that is much tougher than this one.

We will be just fine.

NorthernUte
          Ute Fan
          @northernute24

Probably oughta finish reading my post before you rage. I said at the end I thought we’d win both, just think it’ll be closer than people think lol.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CFB 2024 returning production rankings