Colorad9 capers

Viewing 2 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I’m not convinced that Deion’s controlled burn won’t burn it down. Colorado’s collapse is the worst possible time for the conference.

1 2

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

What is the collapse to which you are referring, and why is this the worst possible time for the conference?

2 2

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Colorado has not been an athletic showcase for the conference. It brings the Denver market, that’s it.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The Deion Sanders experiment will either be a rousing success or a spectacular failure for Colorad9. I see no in between outcome. But either way, it will be very good for the conference. There’s nothing neutral eyes like more than seeing the “little engine that could”…except for maybe a massive train wreck. I predict one of these two things will happen.

1 2

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I agree with you. PS What is the meaning of ‘Colorad9’?

1 2

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

UF.n had an online dictionary to which I could refer. Here, sometimes I am lost by neologisms that popped up after I left Salt Lake.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

Ahh, one of the very few redeeming qualities of that hell-hole of a message board. Talk about a site that epitomized almost everything wrong with the Internet.  Glad it’s re-booted and no longer a cess-pool, unfortunately, I don’t find the modern incarnation to be very intuitive or user friendly.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I loved it. The chaotic nature of the board made it beautiful. I know people have other sentiments.

Duhwayne
              Ute Fan
              @duhwayne

With Hod Sanders and Alaska and others that site was the best before it become the reason that UteHub got made. Thank you Tony for leading us to somewhere better.

beaslad
          Ute Fan
          @beaslad

I think it was a typo at one point (the o is close to the 9) and then it just stuck around. Think of “pwned” from 10-15 years ago.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

I work in Cybersecurity, still use pwned all the time.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Thank you.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

There’s potential for some middle ground, and I think that is the most likely outcome.

Deion will bring in enough talent to win 6-8 games per year just based on their talent level. The question for me is, does Deion have what it takes to keep that talent from leaving and to coach them up to be 10+ win playoff contenders? My gut says no. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Colorad9 capers