Conversation with Cam Rising

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Notes from today’s interview

He says things are going good. He says he is getting the feel back as a QB.

The practice week is more normal. It’s nice to be in the huddle with the guys.

Still to be determined if he will play. After practice today, they will evaluate and make a decision.

Sounds like he corresponds with his surgeon daily.

Everything has a feeling of being more real. (He is being coy for sure. I think he knows what is going to happen, but is not saying anything. No surprise.)

The penalties have been putting the team in bad situations.

Last week, we played our brand of offense. (Not sure what that means.)

He was asked what would change when he returns to the offense. His answer is that you will have to wait and see.

We need to create more explosive plays both running and passing. Your percentage of scoring goes up 50% when you have an explosive play. He says that we have the guys that can create explosive plays.

He felt that Nate had a good rhythm last Saturday. He is an improved player.

The conference games mean a lot more.

He is a big Reggie Bush fan.

Cam remembers having a bad game against UCLA last season with two turnovers. He would like to redeem himself.

Riley said that he thinks UCLA’s defense is their strength. Cam said they have an NFL-caliber corner and great defensive ends. They have an all-around great defense.

He is happy that the other PAC12 teams are looking good. You always want to play the best of the best.

(My two cents and this is totally subjective. The tone of his voice did not sound excited like he did last season when a big game was coming up. This causes me to have some doubts about his readiness to play. I don’t know anything and I certainly hope that he plays.)

EmersonUte
      Ute Fan
      @blpace

thank you for posting these, I usually miss them live. I like that he mentioned last year’s game. We seemed to do well against Florida keeping that in mind.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Isn’t his doctor in LA?? So what updates is the doctor getting week to week unless one of them is traveling to the other?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes, his surgeon is in LA. I assume that Cam and the Utah medical staff are talking to him via Zoom. It sounds like they talk almost daily right now.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Most of a check-up for this is asking how it feels anyway. The doctor can also look at it on Zoom and through pictures sent via text message. Any Xrays can be taken in SLC and sent to the doctor in LA quite easily.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Is his surgeon a UCLA fan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Conversation with Cam Rising