Cooper Bateman will be joining the team!

Viewing 4 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Whit said in the press conference he spoke to Cooper this morning, and Cooper is excited to get on the field and help us win some games. He also said it’ll be up to Troy Taylor to give him a look at QB and see if he wants to put him in the mix for the QB competition.

WHAT A GREAT OFF SEASON!!!!! THIS IS LIKE THE BEST OFF SEASON SINCE THE PAC-12 ANNOUNCEMENT OFF SEASON!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess competition is a great thing but I don’t know why Cooper Bateman doesn’t really excite me.  Unless he has some super secret amazing stories about weird fetishes of Lane Kiffen I just don’t think he adds much.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

What QB HAS Utah ever had who was good enough to start at Alabama?

Anonymous
          Inactive

Like Utah, name me an Alabama QB you would want to start for your team?  

Matthew Thomas Castleton
            Ute Fan
            @mcastleton928

I’d like Jalen Hurts to start for Utah. By the way, if Bateman does come in and play QB, and somehow win the job, do you guys think that means that either Troy Williams or Tyler Huntley red-shirts this season?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Joe Namath. He’d be hitting on that Fox reporter in leather pants.

Troy Williams already burned his redshirt at UW. Huntley already played his freshman year, so only has medical redshirt option left.

Unless Bateman just lights it up, they will not invest the time on someone with one year of eligibility. At best he gets a chance like Dakota Prukop at Oregon. Throws a couple INTs against no TDs and he done.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Is this true? I know it’s commonly used on freshmen but I don’t think that explicitly excludes other classes from getting a non medical redshirt.

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

You can redshirt anytime you like, most redshirt their FR year to catch up physically. Once you step on the field your eligibility clock starts, you basically have five years to play four.

Caleb Repp played as a true freshman in 2015, then redshirted the 2016 season. He now has three to play three.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I think he’s definitely been brought in to be given a look at QB. That’s why there was no announcement when he enrolled. Somebody found out by checking the student records. When it did get out they said he would be used at WR. I don’t think they wanted a QB controversy until signing day was over. It wasn’t until yesterday afternoon that they even mentioned possibly trying him at QB. I don’t think he’d have come here if he wasn’t told he’d have a shot at QB.

I’m thinking Troy Taylor wasn’t entirely satisfied with the QB stable and wanted another option to choose from.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

My guess for starting QB

Bateman 40%

Huntley 35%

Williams 20%

Other 5%

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cooper Bateman will be joining the team!