Covey

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

agree or disagree, I really dont like seeing third and long, and then trying to squeeze passes into Kuithe or  Covey. it does not work anymore! teams have caught on.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

So…. what do you suggest they do instead? (Don’t say “stay out of third and long” 😉)

They are some of our best offensive weapons; it is only natural that we should try to get them the ball on third and long.

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

So…. what do you suggest they do instead? (Don’t say “stay out of third and long” 😉)

They are some of our best offensive weapons; it is only natural that we should try to get them the ball on third and long.

My response…i suggest other options beside those two. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If the offensive play called can be excecuted better it won’t matter if other teams have caught on. 

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Yup!!! It’s like the old Jazz teams with Stockton and Malone…EVERYONE knew what was coming (pick and roll) but they executed at such a high level, it was highly effective for a long long time!

Utes 69
          Ute Fan
          @slc123

Yup!!! It’s like the old Jazz teams with Stockton and Malone…EVERYONE knew what was coming (pick and roll) but they executed at such a high level, it was highly effective for a long long time!

My response…kinda, the Jazz won a lot of games, but not the big one!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Well there was this dude named Michael Jordan….

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

Eventually we will need to throw the ball down the field to our wide relievers. We are becoming too easy to defend. I know Rising is early in his development, but how else will he be able to learn. I know our coaching staff fears interceptions, but maybe teams loading up the box is a factor in all of these fumbles.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

The next time one of this season’s games is replayed, I want to focus on watching covey on his routes. I’ve been wondering if he’s just not able to get open like he used to. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.