Crazy Pac-12 Championship Scenario

Viewing 2 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Tough loss today. Offense went completely silent in the second half and defense just wasn’t up to the task today. Seemed like we went away from everything that was working offensively, really strange and frustrating. That was a very winnable game, even with a lackluster performance from the defense. I guess that in and of itself is somewhat miraculous.

Anyway, since I’m a complete nut job I quickly started thinking of a way we could back our way into the pac 12 championship game, and I think I came up with a scenario that wouldn’t require anything completely unrealistic. If this is incorrect, feel free to tell me I’m an idiot.

We win out
      USC beats Oregon tonight
      UCLA beats USC next week
      Washington beats OSU next week
      OSU beats Oregon in 2 weeks

If all of these things happen and all the other games go the way they are expected to, this would put us in a 6-way tie with Oregon, USC, OSU, UCLA, and Arizona. I believe we would emerge from that tie breaker due to strength of conference schedule. Of course I know that there’s less than a 1% chance of all of this happening, but none of those results individually seem terribly far-fetched to me. I’ll hold out hope to the bitter end because I can’t help myself

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

The one I give the least amount of chance happening?

USC beating Oregon.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Let’s win out. It would be great, but sad if 9-3 plays 12-0 or 11-1 UW (for the conference, but who cares about it?). It would definitely be a tiebreaker for the #2 seed. Each step would knock teams out but maybe it does get to conference SOS. I’ll let some football pundit figure it out and tweet it 😉

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Crazy Pac-12 Championship Scenario