Crowd Noise

Viewing 5 reply threads

kmc165
      Ute Fan
      @kmc165

For people who went to Gainesville last year and the game last night, how did the crowd noise at RES compare?

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

I went to both. I love our environment, but I’ve never heard anything like the Swamp last year.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yeah. there were almost twice as many people at the Swamp. Numbers matter.

gandalf
          Ute Fan
          @gandalf

Right. Basically a function of the math. But their fans are crazy and loud like ours. Compare to The Big House: 100K fans but not crazy loud.

cj13
            Ute Fan
            @cjohnsen13

I didn’t go but I heard they are way crazier. They stand all game and heard they’re all as rowdy as North Endzoners

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I went to both. The Swamp shook my soul (attendance broke the record for UF home opener). But the crowd noise last night was absolutely influential in the game. RES doesn’t have to be louder than 90,000 people — just loud enough to impact games. Which it very much is.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

We may not be the loudest of them all, but visiting teams know that we are loud enough to be a significant problem.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

The biggest difference I noticed was the crowd noise post-game.

Florida fans in Gainesville were gloating jackasses. Walking out of RES last night through the west exits and the tunnel to the law school, you’d think Utah fans had just exited a play where they already knew how the ending would play out. Maybe Gator fans were hearing it on the south side of the stadium, but they certainly weren’t on the north side.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

I was on the south, same story

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

I was on the east side. Same thing.

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

Gainesville was very loud. I think being surrounded by concrete makes the sound reverberate. Unreal noise though.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.