Degenerate Gambler Post

Viewing 2 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

As a degenerate gambler, I eagerly await the release of the regular-season total wins lines every year. This season has me on the edge of putting down some serious money on the Utes to cover. Fanduel has the Utes at 8.5 at -115, most other books have us at 9 (meaning 9 wins would be a push, need 10 to win). Other lines of note:

Total Wins:

AZ 2.5

ASU 5.5

Cal 5.5

Colorado 3.5

Florida 6.5

Oregon 8.5

Oregon St. 5.5

Stanford 4.5

UCLA 8.5

USC 9.5

UW 7.5

WSU 5.5

Conference Winner:

USC +140

Oregon +300

Utah +400

Significant dropoff to the fourth team, UCLA at +1200. I like this one too, especially because we get USC at home. Does require a win against a potential rematch in the ccg.

Early FL line

Utah by 2

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Bet the under on SC.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Right, USC getting a lot of press hype for bringing in Lincoln Reilly, Caleb Williams and Jordan Anderson, with the idea that they will supercharge their offense.  No doubt they will.  However, offense was not a problem for SC in the past few years.  Their offense stats were quite good (USC total offense #23 in FBS at 443.9 ypg, Reilly’s Oklahoma #18, 451 ypg) but USC still lost a lot of games (4-8, 3-6 Pac-12).  USC total defense #89 in FBS (compared to Utah #23).  Yes, USC brought over Alex Grinch from Oklahoma but his defense was #76 in FBS, not really moving the needle there.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

I’ll take AZ winning 4 games and I haven’t even looked at their schedule.  Same with Oregon State getting to 6.  Utah and USC are tougher IMO

HoosierUte
          Ute Fan
          @hoosierute

AZ only needs 3 wins to cover. Non-con is SDSU, Miss. St., NDSU, and this miss Oregon St. and Stanford from the north. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

a lot of sites also have Utah and USC as split favorites at +250 with Oregon at +300

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Degenerate Gambler Post