Desmond Howard on GameDay

Viewing 3 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Howard just nonchalantly said on gameday that Rising is likely out for the season. This does not align with what Cam’s surgeon said in his interview with the Athletic a couple weeks ago. Maybe just a misinformed comment by Howard, but with the talks of a medical redshirt lately, it seems possible that Cam decides to not come back this year to maintain eligibility for next year.

I personally think that the outcome of todays game will be the determining factor in whether he decides to play this year. If we win, I think he comes back next week for Oregon. If we lose, we’re essentially out of pac 12 championship contention so I’m not sure he’d be interested in returning for a chance to play Rutgers in the Vegas bowl

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve already written Cam off for this season in my mind.

——-
      Support Ute Hub! – Donate via gofundme or Venmo!

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Agreed, Tony. After that interview with Cam’s Doc, I’m mildly surprised that people are still holding out hope of his return. But, hey, I would never tell someone else how to fan. For me, I’m not sure I need to see an overly cautious Cam, who is slightly gimpy, and is missing some other key offensive components. And who knows? Maybe this NIL cluster will work in our favor and we’ll see Cam and Brant run out of that Rice Eccles tunnel in ’24.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Cam’s surgeon said it takes 12-18 months to recover from this injury. That would put him back in Jan at the earliest. Being out for the season aligns with what his surgeon said.

NashvilleTNUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilletnutefan

Surgeon said it could be 1 or 2 weeks. But yes, the typical recovery time he mentioned for the surgery cam had does point to him being out for the season

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I agree that Howard is most likely clueless.

But this horse is so dead it is fossilized to me.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Desmond Howard on GameDay