AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

That blows big time.

4 1

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Time to turn up the burners a little bit on Coach K. Recruiting and retaining talent all rolls up to the head coach. We won’t be able to take the steps we need to as a program with this level of turnover year after year.

Disappointing.

Newbomb Turk
        Ute Fan
        @newbombturk

Very difficult to disagree with that assessment.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

losing out on his top targets and losing his top recruits. I dont know what the real story is behind these transfers so im trying to hold back a little bit….but regardless, things have to be different. Period.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Mother F$×@+$

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

The unfortunate part is that another program will put up with Daniels and he will be a star for them.

BoxerUte
      Ute Fan
      @erichagen

I want to believe in Larry so bad. That said, this happens way too much with his players. I’m beginning to think he is the problem.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Yeah…maybe. Someone knows but I’m not one of those someone’s. K3 is old school and wants the program to perform in a specific way. He has high expectations of each player, skill development and how they integrate into the “team”. He said it himself very late in the season that is does not always get the behavior and attitude of some younger players. 

The trend is troubling. Last few years, I thought K3 was a bit too public about his criticism of players. He needs to do what he thinks is best, not what I’m comfortable with.

It has not escaped anyone here that Utah is not getting the highly targeted players, in state or out. It appears this year in particular that the team was made from parts, and performed rather well, mostly. I know some viewers here did not like my earlier view but it seemed to me that the team had chemistry issues.

In a very strange way, this situation has the feeling of RM’s final year or so. He was so frustrated with recruits that it got really ugly. K3 is not like RM, but the recruiting for the last three or so years seems a bit strained. I trust this is temporary, but as I began, what do I know.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Turnover sucks, and Daniels seems to have skillz, but the Utes, as team, did function better while he was suspended.   Not sure what the story is on Zamora, that one is more of a surprise.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

The team has a high turnover rate and there’s a lot of turnover in the team! LOLZ

OSH_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @runningutes

So a bunch of new players means ANOTHER crap preseason schuedule.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not a surprise on Daniels. Sucks.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Devon Daniels and JoJo Zamora won’t be back next year