@hammer

Rumor around my office, currently.

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

dude doesn’t even need to jump to touch the rim holy s**t.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

sorry to burst your bubbles but I’ve seen the kid play….I think they may have just gotten him for his height. I hope im wrong but I question this move.

Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

Not too many highly coordinated kids that age and that height. I remember even Gobert looked hopeless when he first got to the Jazz. Can’t teach height but you can develop it. At minimum a great rim protector

Toopup
        Ute Fan
        @njute

Larry K has done a good job developing talent.  Washburn, Rawson and Poeltl come to mind.  However, there have also been a few that haven’t seen significant improvement…Jokl.

i think Van Komon will see some real improvement with Larrys coaching.  He has good timing, his hands are much improved, his effort is there and he still has a year of high school ball. 

He reminds me a bit of Foster.  Foster didn’t look the most athletic, but the team was much better with him on the court than when he was hurt.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Good take. More muscle and proper training will add some needed athleticism. Coach K pushes guys pretty hard. Is he a mission kid?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah. Now zoobs are all reassuring each other that the kid isn’t a real player. So stupid…and funny.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Is he 7-5 or 7-3?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

He’s 7-5 but he plays like 7-3

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

just because I’m a fan doesn’t mean I should agree blindly to all decisions by coach K. That is what BYU is for. I’m just saying I’ve seen the kid play before…and get dunked on. and hes f**king 7’5.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Did we just land 7’5” Van Komen?