Dirk’s Article on Utah’s 3rd Down & Red Zone Issues

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Not a bad article. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865688570/Utes-confident-about-improving-on-third-down-and-in-the-red-zone.html

btw…I really wish these so called “writers” would stop using the words “in regards”. It is just simply incorrect. Basic writing skill.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was thinking about that when Steve Young said during the pregame that “A QB gets paid based on what he does in the red zone and on 3rd down. Numbers in the middle of the field are fine, but that is where a QB earns his money.” So the one area I would temper all the Huntley love with is those two areas of weakness reside with the QB on the field.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

How can Huntley fix WR holding/picks that account for nearly all of the red zone problems. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

You’re right he can’t fix the mistakes or the poor officiating, but still he can do a better job of managing the game. Remember even the TD in this game was on a broken play. I think the key is he’s still young and has a lot to learn.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Duh but it still hasn’t been on Huntley. Poor officiating and the wideouts holds are not his fault. With regard to Steve Young football is a team sport  with eleven guys and he can shove it. 

Utahute72
              Ute Fan
              @utahute72

You can’t honestly believe that. The QB touches the ball on virtually every offensive play.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

You place to much on a QB. He has blockers who need to do their damn job. Wideouts who need to get down field and run their routes. QBs like to take all of the praise and sometimes unfairly all of the blame. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Right, but how was that on him when Moss whiffed his assignment?

Utahute72
              Ute Fan
              @utahute72

Huntley admitted he turned the wrong way. He also had a couple of mis-reads.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Or, he could be covering for Moss like he covered for Falemaka, if OnlyU is to be believed.

Puget Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @pugetute

That is a good leader who publicly covers for his team, and privately gets on them for mistakes. Huntley was fiery in the huddle a few times in the game.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

What’s wrong with “in regards?”  I’ve never known it to be improper.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

No “s”. It’s “in regard” and “with regard”. The only usage with “s” is “as regards”.

Irresponsible journalists/editors/publications don’t pay attention to it, so the public often adopts it. WSJ, NYT, and The Economist are about the only publications I see that have the correct usage.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Easiest trick for me is to just use “regarding” and you don’t need to worry about it.

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dirk’s Article on Utah’s 3rd Down & Red Zone Issues