Do You Use Tapatalk?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m trying to improve performance, and make things quicker etc. I’m wondering how many of you use Tapatalk, an app that lets you read forums.

I would like to GET RID of it. It’s increasing the code size of pages like the home page by 25% or more.

I realize it may be nice for a few people, but I’ve made the site with mobile devices in mind, plus any extra sidebar ads, sponsor things, widgets for pick em and so on won’t show up on tapatalk. As a site owner I’m supposed to get some kind of revenue/ad share for tapatalk, but I have yet to see one cent.

Also, I’ve heard that some people think it’s an ad on their phones and leave the site when their banner/image thing appears.

Let me know your thoughts.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I don’t use it. Never wanted to get never will. This works fine.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

I tried using it and I don’t like it

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah I hated it. I use Chrome on iPhone six a few bugs but I like it.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t use it. Actually deleted it a couple days ago.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the responses. I just disabled it.

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

I use it some. Seems more responsive than the mobile web version and it simplifies navigation. On the other hand, it doesn’t sound worth the drawbacks as its not a killer feature (at least in my mind). Also tapatalk seems kind of slimy based on things I’ve heard.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks @norm I’ve looked at the format on Tapatalk. It not only simplifies the navigation, it takes stuff out. So you can ONLY read posts. No Pick Em game, no polls, or anything else that isn’t a post.

I plan to look at mobile more in future revisions of the site, and it will get better for sure, though it is totally responsive now.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Do You Use Tapatalk?