ESPN top 25 cfp show broke down Utah and Oregon

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

said theres an argument if both Utah/Oregon win out for the winner vs Oklahoma or a 1 loss B10/SEC team that missed the CCG. Both have losses that arent terrible (considering the Moss injury). They said talent wise theres no gap between Utah and Oregon. Ultimately both need the other to be 1 loss in the CCG.

Im not hanging on to cfp hopes too much. Too much needs to happen thats out of our hands. I just want to win out. Whatever happens after that will be one of the best seasons in school history. Id love if that meant a rose bowl, but if USC somehow wins out and its an at large ny6 game thats ok too.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Interesting…  This seems to imply that the the conference wins if both Utah and Oregon are 11-1, going into the championship game

Perhaps that means that the PAC-12 refs will look the other way next Saturday in Seattle, for something like three blocks in the back as the Utes take a punt and run it back for the win.

Am I on the right track?

Might be our best Special Teams play of the year, so far.

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

the sugar bowl refs missed an obvious block in the back on bama’s first touchdown. stuff happens

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

How do you miss three blocks in the back though?

1 1

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

In ANY other conference sure. In the P12? Quite the opposite. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some bad calls go against both Utah and Oregon effectively locking the P12 out of the playoff for yet another year. 

COFfrom83
          Ute Fan
          @coffrom83

I remember in the days of the BCS watching a Kansas Texas game in which Kansas was winning, but a Texas loss would have reduced the BigXII’s chances of having an additional team in a BCS bowl.  Some very dubious calls turned the game in Texas’s favor and the KU coach was so angry he actually called them out on it, accused the refs, and to some extent, the league of giving the game to Texas so the league could get more BCS money.

I admire his integrity and guts, though I am sure he paid a heavy price.

I just hope the refs are not an issue, and the league is not working to keep its marquis team, u$c in contention for the Rose Bowl.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I love all the possibilities. Let’s win on Saturday to kick it off!

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

There is no doubt that the best for the conference is to have an 11-1 Utah playing and 11-1 Oregon in the conference championship game.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Not necessarily. Keeping usc happy is the best for the conference. Giving small potatoes Utah any help is not best for the conference. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN top 25 cfp show broke down Utah and Oregon