Excited for the new Craig Smith era of MBB

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

It’s been awhile since I’ve tuned into MBB. Very excited and optimistic about our hoops program and Craig Smith getting things back on track. Players seem to love playing for him and recruiting is heading in the right direction with Collin Chandler expected to commit to be a Ute. Here’s to a bright new day and future for Utes B-ball…Go Utes!!
      Just one ask…can we please get rid of these uniforms? They’ve got to be the all-time, ugliest in program history. Flame away all you like, but you know it’s true.

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I went to the game last night and I agree it was definitely time to make the coaching switch. The team looks scrappy and plays hard but I didn’t really see a dominant play out there. Carlson could be great if he could add another 40 lbs. Jenkins and Anthony look athletic and show some promise. Gabe Madsen is the one player that I’m most interested in seeing how he develops. If he can be a lock down 3 point shooter, we have a chance to finish in the top half of the conference. We can do even better if Both Gach plays.

If Chandler commits, I’m hoping this will jump start some other recruits to look more seriously at Utah. We probably need 3 or 4 other players just like him if we want to get back to the NCAA tournament anytime soon.

All and all, it was great to be back in the Huntsman last night but I don’t see this team winning more than 15 games.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

These uniforms remind me of one of the uniforms from the KVH era. I’d take the progression of that era with this new era!!!
      Keth Van Horn

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

My favorite all time uniforms might be the 1998 rendition.
        Big Rick with Dre

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

100% agree! The ‘98 unis were perfect!

I hate it when uniform designers get too cute or funky. Just keep them simple and classy always looks best.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Yes!! I thought the same thing when I saw these from the other night.

I think that KVH year’s uniforms were right up there competing for the worst of the worst award with this new version.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

What does the players’ council have to say about the units?

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I went last night and was happy to see energetic players and coaches. I was impressed that the Utes allowed very few uncontested shots and forced Westminster to take a lot of shots with the clock running down. They fought through and over picks instead of going under, something that drove me crazy in the past. I think these guys will play hard, but I don’t think they have the quickness or athleticism to guard the better teams we will play. This may also make it difficult to get uncontested shots. I think Gabe and Lazar both have a chance to be good players. I would like to have seen BC play the 4 with Hat or Duzan at the 5, but I don’t think that lineup ever hit the floor.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Excited for the new Craig Smith era of MBB