Fooseball time. WAAAY tooooo early dreams.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think we go 7-5 or 8-4 prebowl next year. 

I rank the PAC-12 like this: 

Playoff aspirations: USC, Stanford

Psuedo playoff aspirations (ie, they think they can do it but can’t): Washington and Oregon

The middle/bowl teams: Utah, Colorado, WSU, UCLA

The crap: ASU, Arizona, Cal, OSU

What sucks about this season is that we miss both Cal and OSU. That sucks because they suck. 

OOC: The only acceptable answer is 3-0. If we lose one of these three, we probably aren’t going bowling. 

Next three games: Arizona, Stanford, USC. Hope: 2-1. Realistic: 1-2. We should beat Arizona. Then we have a bye. Stanford comes to town and we have a bye the week before. This is the hope game. We probably lose to USC in LA. Side note: We might play USC during UEA. Come on you disneyland freaks. Make sure you are at this game. 

Next three: ASU, Oregon, UCLA. Hope: 2-1. Realistic: 1-2 or 2-1.

Last three: WSU, Washington, Colorado: Hope: 2-1. Realistic: 1-2 or 2-1. 

That puts us at three numbers: 

Hope: 9-3. Probably not happening. 

Happy Realistic: 8-4. 

Sad Realistic: 6-6. 

I think we split the difference, with a lot of my sway will be on spring ball. I’ve seen a lot of spring ball and while last spring was the best our offense has ever looked in the PAC-12, it has never looked good (but, being the best isn’t much when you remember Shreve and Robles fighting it out for the starting spot in the rain). 

If our offense can come together in the spring and our QB’s look decent (which they never have in the PAC-12) then I’ll lean towards 8-4. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m reserving and and all optimism until I see what sort of offensive line we put on the field. Until then, all bets are off.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah, not a bad call. 

I think we should “expect” losses to Washington, Oregon, Stanford, USC. 

I think we should “expect” 50/50 vs Colorado, WSU and UCLA. 

I think we should “expect” to beat ASU, Arizona. 

Now, the offense and secondary could change things around. If we look terrible…well, I don’t want to think about that. 

But, if the offense looks better…*giggles*

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Why would you expect losses to UW, USC, Stanford,  and Oregon??? Washington wasn’t dominate vs Utah. USC will be close. Stanford no McCaffrey. And how is Oregon’s defense getting fixed in one off season?

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

*dominant

I agree.

PorterRockwell
              Ute Fan
              @porterrockwell

tell us more about what your girlfriend does to you when she’s dominant 🙂

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Oregon didn’t need a defense to beat us this year.

PorterRockwell
              Ute Fan
              @porterrockwell

nope, they just needed us to quit paying attention and we did.  That game still bugs me. They did what they needed to do to win.  I hope Troy Taylor is the antidote to what ails our offense

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

if you break it down in 4 game stretches, I think Utah has a reasonable shot at starting 4-0, if they can go 2-2 in the next 4 they are in great shape. the last 4 are tough to call ucla, uw wazzu and cu

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

8-4 again, sigh. Hot start, 4-0 or 5-0, 2 wtf losses like cal/Oregon last year, and at least 2 games they “should” lose like USC and/or UW.

Win in the sun bowl for an overall 9-4 season.
      But 2018 will be better.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Something tells me we lose to the TDS this year. It’s at thier place and we’re basically replacing our entire backfield. Add in the fact that our offense is changing…

I hope I’m wrong.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fooseball time. WAAAY tooooo early dreams.