Football adds new signing day, extra coach and the “F-BYUP Rule”

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We can add another coach. I’ve been saying this all summer, but I don’t think Harding is here too much longer. I think he jumps to the NFL, especially if he has a couple more guys drafted. Because of this, I’d hire another OL coach for Harding to groom. Have Harding do Tackles and hire a coach to coach Centers/Guards. Find another ace recruiter like Harding. 

Second, the early signing day only helps Utah. Remember Stovall, Masina, Tufele? Probably all Utes if there is an early signing day. This takes a lot of power away from the big dogs and their late season poaching. It also gives players some leverage with those schools as well. 

Kids can say, “Look I’m signing in December.” And if USC drops them, they can go find another school before Feb. Also, it may force USC to take a kid or two they aren’t sure on, instead of dropping them late and swooping in two weeks before signing day with an offer (Tufele, Stovall). 

Finally, the “F-BYUP Rule”. No more hiring coaches/family members of recruits for two years. Lots of teams do this, but FBYU-P has mastered this under Kalani. 

Funny, a rule that was considered but not passed was not allowing coaches to offer kids a scholarship until the JR year. That would destoy all of Kalani’s recruiting “prowless”. lol. 

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

What does the F in F-BYUP mean? I have my guesses and I know what it stands for for me but I’m just curious what your definition is.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Lol. I think it means what you think it means. 

Fornication under consent of the king

Utebeam
          Ute Fan
          @utebeam

Great, we’re on the same page then!

Anonymous
      Inactive

USC did us a huge favor in taking Masina.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

In regards to the hiring restriction the ESPN article states that the rule applies only to noncoaching positions.  So a school can hire a prospect’s dad or high school coach to coach the linebackers and still recruit the prospect but they can’t hire the dad or coach to be a recruiting coordinator.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football adds new signing day, extra coach and the “F-BYUP Rule”