Football Coach

Viewing 2 reply threads
      11 2

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

All of this discussion about getting rid of Kyle is whacko!!!! Who do you believe you could really get that would be better??? What do you think the team performance would be in the next 2-3 years??? What do you think would happen with recruiting??? How many of the good young players do you think would transfer out??? Great idea folks lets get rid of a cach that has been National Coach of the year and holds the Bowl all time winning percentage and beat Alabama when they were perhaps the best team in the country. Emoional reactions instead of logical ones are what hurt programs

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I want to know where this talk about getting rid of Whitt is coming from. Please link in a PM. 

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

I want to know where this talk about getting rid of Whitt is coming from. Please link in a PM. 

Most is wishful thinking coming from local Zoob sportswriters and CooterBoard.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah don’t listen or read to that thanks for clarifying. 

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

I heard Kyle was 6-16 against teams in the top 25 since joining the PAC. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This is what I am talking about Whitt is just sort of hitting par and bogeys. Eventually you have to call him out. 

2 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Doesn’t Utah have the second lowest budget in the PAC-12? And isn’t Utah the home of a religion that banned blacks from full membership due to racist propaganda when a lot of recruits parents were still alive? And still has very bigoted views? And weird Deadpool movie watching laws? And drinking laws? And laws that deny climate change even though it’s a fact? 

What Whitt has done with the obstacles he faces…is miraculous. 

Anyone who wants Whitt fired probably thinks the world looks up to Mormonism…ie, delusional. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

This has nothing absolutely to do with Utah football other than excuses. This doesn’t explain why you don’t beat a battered and beat down USC. Why your defense that you built blew it in the fourth. This doesn’t explain why you lay an egg against Oregon and ASU two awful teams AT HOME. You know what nevermind clearly you don’t get it.

Whitt has done the best with what he has had and deserves to retire at this school.

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

A battered and beat-down USC still has more 5* players on the roster than we have 4* players. They still have 3rd-stringers on the bench who could start at Utah. 

Sometimes the ball didn’t go in the hoop. Sometimes Syracuse can beat defending national champs Clemson. Stuff happens. And pretending like a tremendous amount of luck isn’t involved in the outcome because we are Utah Football is just more self-delusion.

Considering our talent level is roughly on par with CU and Oregon State, and is well behind Cal, UCLA, and Arizona/ASU, let alone UW, USC, Oregon, Stanford, I would say we have done pretty well so far.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

18 losses in the past 4 seasons, 13 by 8 points or less, 11 by less than a touchdown. I believe what Whitt has done against USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, and Stanford with a G5 level recruiting base is phenomenal. Watching the game again vs Washington, Utah is wayyy behind in just overall physicality and team speed. Huntley being chased down from behind while Browning barely touched is a glaring difference.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football Coach