FPI 8.5

Viewing 6 reply threads

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

ESPN has Utah projected for 6.4 wins this year due to the loss of all offensive production from last year. This number seems absolutely asinine to me, with the 10th rated Pac12 offense last year the Utes were lets face it two very winnable games away from 11-1 and beyond. So the question is if Travis Wilson were the starting QB this year where do you think that projected win number would be?

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Probably 5 wins. bwaaahahahahahaa

On a serious note… I am LOVING all of the disregard.
      LOVING IT.
      We’re going to surprise a lot of people this year, I think.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

We lost all our offensive production from last year. So logically, we will have zero offensive production this year.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Losing Booker is probably the most concerning thing. After that Covey to a mission. Wilson is probably third but extremely easy to replicate.

Basically Utahs defense won games last season with Booker finishing drives.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah we are actually going to improve in some positions. Not sure we can improve over Booker. That’s all tall ass. Haha my speech-to-text converter said tall ass!.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Ted Miller has faith. He’s got us winning the South and playing in the PAC12 title game.

Boy that’d be awesome.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/102615/utah-utes-2016-season-preview

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

If we lose a player the media says we’re screwed and doesn’t give any regard to who we have replacing him. If it’s a marquee team they rave about how great the replacement is.

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

I’m still trying to figure out how we’re ever going to replace Eric Weddle and return to our full 2006 glory.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

If I recall they had us below .500 the previous two years. It’s not terribly great at predicting w/l until later in the year and even then it’s meh.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

with the amount of turnover in cfb year to year…..id argue the substance behind that number is lacking…

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.