From Bill Reilly on Troy Williams

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Bill Reilly was told this by people in the program:

Williams is the best leader we’ve had at QB since Brian Johnson.

Williams treats this like a job and he is a professional. He is here to do his job and isn’t going to let anyone hold him back. If a WR drops a ball, he gets on the WR. If a defensive player takes a shot at one of his offensive players, he gets in the defensive player’s face.

He works his tail off. Film, lifting, practice. He is here to win the job, win games and continue his football career.

He isn’t here to make friends. He is here to succeed.

Huntley is like a mini-Williams. Very professional and workman like. Then Scott Mitchell said that this situation is great for Huntley because he can see Williams work, Huntley can learn from that, get his body and mind ready, and in two years take over the job.

I LOVE what I just wrote/heard.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Love it… can’t wait for the season to start

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

You guys, just STOP… I have to WORK HERE.
      People are going to look at me funny if I keep laughing giddily at my desk.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is great.  Thanks.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

News like this makes it hard for me to keep my expectations for the season in check.

I will say, from what I have seen and heard of Troy, he sounds like a kid that has the “it” factor. Now, our WR still need to catch the ball, and reports from practice today made it sound like there were way too many drops.

The common refrain is “if we can just have an average offense…” Screw that, I want an awesome offense like ’03 and ’04 and I really think Troy could be a guy to take us there. However, I see the logic in Whitt’s approach to the “don’t screw it up offense”, and I know that we will never have a high caliber O with Whitt as the coach. So, I will have to be happy with a productive 250 pass/ 250 run offense and winning the PAC 12 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football From Bill Reilly on Troy Williams