Game times

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

No more PST to stay up to watch the Utes win. Our games will mostly be MST and CST. This means more viewership for us. All the CST and EST viewership should be great for us and recruiting.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interesting point. We will certainly have more eyeballs in the east.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

Unfortunately, I think we will still get a couple of those games (probably 2-3 a season) as they’ll try to take over that time slot now, but it will be only with a game like Utah-ASU if ASU is still as bad as they are now

UtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahrockon

Arizona follows MST ALL YEAR, but I could be wrong.

1 1

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

AZ doesn’t have daylight savings. So half the year on PST, half on MST.

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

Technically, Arizona is on MST all year. Utah and others are on MST (Mountain Standard Time) half the year and MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) half the year, which is an hour ahead.

Similarly California spends half the year on PST and half in PDT…which is the same time as MST.

So it’s technically correct to say Arizona is on MST the whole year…but it’s misleading to many who view that as Mountain Time and know that Arizona is on Pacific Time equivalent for half the year

UtesRock
              Ute Fan
              @utahrockon

Correct. I assume most no this. Thanks for going into detail.

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

Nah, we are still going to have evening games. ESPN wants that time slot for football games, 7pm on the West Coast. Our home games, BYU, Colorado, plus the Arizona schools will be playing a majority of their home games at night. We we will luck out is our away games to the Midwest.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

This is what I expect. Most of our home games will be in the late evening(5:00 kickoff or later), most of our road games will be in the earlier parts of the day(kickoff before 5:00). Games against BYU, Arizona, ASU, and Colorado (road or home) time slots will be a mixed bag depending on matchup intrigue.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.