Given that Blackmon has had some struggles with the deep ball

Viewing 5 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Do we just put Johnson on Harry all game on Saturday? Our D-line really needs to get early pressure and not allow time for Harry to get open. And if we get to the QB, we need to tackle him. If I could find one weakness of our defense so far, it would be allowing QB’s to get out of tackles.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think we can man cover Harry. It’s going to have to be a dedicated double team. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

ASU is a dangerous team on offense. Good running back, above average QB and an elite WR. The defense is going to have to bring their A game. Not sure if the coaches will make Blackmon switch though. They keep talking about pass efficiency defense and how it’s one of the best in the nation. If that’s the case then I’m not sure Blackmon has really struggled as much. With the way the team has been playing, it forces the opposing teams to pass more, which in turn, creates bigger plays. So it may seem like Blackmon is getting beat more than normal but it reality, he’s playing well.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Whitt has said they don’t do that. Each CB has their side of the field and they stay there. They will roll coverage to Harry’s side or play zone to mix things up. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yup. Harry lines up everywhere as well. Everyone will have their shot. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Blair won’t get his until the second half. 

Har har. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

@Utah. Ughh I am going to be agonizing over that all week. Such a boneheaded mistake against such a terrible team. It really felt like the defense was frustrated in not getting to hit Speight him slipping contain way too much. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

big peno eno has more broken tackles than anyone in CFB. defense needs to swarm. I expect they will run a lot of wildcat (sparky) with Wilkins being banged up.

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

Maybe have Chase mirror Harry all game?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Given that Blackmon has had some struggles with the deep ball