Good riddance, Buffs

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Is there any reason to covet anything about the Buffs situation? Even compared to UCLA, AZ and ASU, no one underperformed more than Colorad9. Even their entry required a $7 million buyout to leave the Big XII. Now they are going from our cellar to the old cellar, AND they have Deion Sanders, the Human Transfer Portal, as their coach, AND he has a $15 million buyout too. Also, have you ever tried to ski from Boulder?

Rumor has it the Arizona Wildcats might go with them.

Could we add in Wazzu and Oregon State and make it a package deal?

There is reason to worry but don’t play the Pick Me Sweepstakes from a position of desperation. Among the ones left, we have top academics after Washington and the Bay Area schools and our total program rank is higher than those, which is saying something since Stanford alone could get top ten or so in any summer Olympics medal count.

There is a B1G west conference to make out of what’s left if the presidents would do their own media deal with either sports major network, and other deals too if we don’t act like a single BYU coed a week before graduation. Relax.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Never gave two s**ts about Colorado but the state of college football as a whole is so alienating that I am just over it. Let it all burn. I would have loved it if the PAC had the sense of urgency and acumen to head this all off. But the messaging saying they did was wrong. Simply wrong. There is no rabbit to pull out of the hat. One way or another this is bad for the sport as a whole.

Welcome to the soon to be official and fully NFL AA-League. Just divest from the universities so they can pretend to get back to academics.

Over it.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

It is entirely possible that sports tv will break football.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

I agree with the sentiment athletically but from an institutional standpoint I think the association with Colorado is a loss. They are an AAU, Tier 1 research institution – a designation that the Pac has trumpeted in the past. I’d be naive not to admit that may be less important as realignment continues, but that was a significant reason why Colorado and Utah were targeted by the Pac. I’m disappointed. I hope that our academic relationships with them have formalized over the last decade in such a way that we continue research collaborations.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I share your disappointment but I am not sure they are making the best move possible. I hope they get what they deserve for repeat short termism.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Maybe we all need to step way back and ask what the multibillion dollar business of athletics really has to do with universities at this point. Maybe the NFL should just take over their farm league and pay for it and Universities can focus on physics and art. Really doesn’t seem like a match made in heaven in the modern era. More of a soul destroying pact with the devil (money and TV).

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

While I’m stirring the off-season pot, I should point out that I DVR all games and only watch if we win. It drives my brother crazy (s.o. to said bro, who also mocks me for posting and not lurking). Sports are entertainment and I can’t afford to give five hours to a frustrating loss. I also generally don’t watch the Colorado games because why?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Good riddance, Buffs