Grades for the game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I took a lot of crap for giving Rising an F last week. I stand by that. And it’s easy to see what an A game for Rising looks like now.

Rising – A, the heart of a champion. I think that is first time we’ve seen the Rising we all got used to last season.

Kincaid – A+ Two of his catches were absolutely amazing, the one he high pointed and caught with his hands while closely defended, and of course getting his foot down on the catch on the sidelines.

Ludwig – A Overall a pretty well called game. I loved the fact he stuck with who we are during the latter part of the game. Good runs and not too many long shots.

Scalley – B+ You’ve got to give a little credit because it was against a QB who hasn’t been sacked much this year. Scalley came up with a couple really good blitz calls. The one by CPIII was amazing to me, I saw he was coming a good couple seconds before the ball was snapped and he got home, right through Caleb Williams.

I’m still not hearing our LBs names called enough. And I’d like to see the DL get through a couple more times during the game. But on one play our remember late in the 4th QTR our DLineman was being held, hooked in the OL’S arm as he was clearly beaten yet no call, the USC player did not even have his body close to being in front of the player, just hooked him.

Overall the refs were so inconsistent. But it went both ways. So not going to blame the refs. Funny that USC is. Their tears must be really salty.

Overall I’d give USC an A for that game but that last series when they got the ball back was anti-Rising. Watching Rising at the end of the first half is what USC should have been trying to do. It is what Ohio State did against us. Realize there was a lot of time left and they only needed a FG. Really poor play calling to finish the game by USC. Thank you!

Oh, and of course Mr. Washington Brock Huard – D- What a traditional Pac-10 honk. Can’t stand seeing Utah doing so well against the legacy USC.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

You gave Rising an F last week? You deserve every bit of grief for that. You know the options aren’t A and F right?

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

Would’ve given Rising a C last week.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

And even that is a tough grade.  Go back and watch that game.  He missed some stuff and made some mistakes, but he also battled and made some fantastic plays that kept us in the game.  The interception was bad.  The fumble was a product of a great hit more than anything Cam did.   I’d give Ludwig the C, the defense the F, but I think Rising gets a B.  He had almost a 72% completion percentage, 287 yards, and 2 rushing TDs.  He did a lot of great things, but had a handful of costly plays.  A lot of fans were overly harsh.  A re-watch helps bring some perspective. 

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

An ‘A’ is a grade that you earn when you make little to no mistakes. A ‘B’ is a few mistakes, but nothing catastrophic. A ‘C’ is a grade that you get when you do enough to get the job done, but make a lot of mistakes in the process.

I wasn’t able to watch the UCLA game, but judging by the fact that we lost, and Rising was at least partially responsible for that, I’d say a ‘C’ is not a tough grade. He probably gave himself an ‘F’. You could probably argue for a B based on his stats, but I don’t think a ‘C’ is un-called for.

mfaulk80
              Ute Fan
              @mfaulk80

That’s your subjective grading system.  It also is focussed on mistakes and doesn’t take into account positive plays.  Also, it’s a team game, and we’re discussing an individual player grade.  A player can have a fantastic game, and we can still lose the game.  

We’re not even close to in that game without Cam.  Cam made a couple of mistakes, but he also made some huge plays.  I’m arguing that his great plays far outweighed his mistakes.  I didn’t say that C was uncalled for….I just said that it’s a tough grade, and I made my case for the B.  I’ll agree that it definitely wasn’t an A, D, or F game though.  

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Defense should have two grades
      1st half – F
      2nd half -B+

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Not to be picky, but I’m going to be picky!!

I have no problem with giving Dalton an A+

But how do you not find Cam Freaking Riding an A+, too?

All he did was pass 30-44 for 415 yards and 2 Td’s, was the Utes leading rusher with 60 yards on 11 carries and 3 TD’s and the game winning 2-point conversion, and was an absolute fearless leader.

(I know, being a bit knit picky here, but I think they both deserve an A+ grade)

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

F**k that. They all get an A.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Grades for the game.