Halftime Adjustments…

Viewing 3 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

If there is one thing I think KWhitt can really improve is halftime adjustments.  I don’t know what their procedure is going into the lockerroom – do they actually try to get reports from the team and coaches in the booth as far as the details of what is happening in the trenches and so forth?

As far as I can tell Utah is doing virtually nothing different in the 2nd half (how about a QB change vs ASU, maybe?, something?, anything?), whereas the Utah opponents seem to have been successful in a number of contests to counter what had worked for Utah in the first half.  Even the hapless zoobs outscored the Utes in the 2nd half 13-10.

Seems like KWhitt and all are very careful about grading out film of players, etc, after the fact, are they doing anything of the sort at halftime?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Here’s an example: KWhitt (in today’s presser): Trainers and Tyler himself says he’s ready to go and is not limiting ability to throw downfield.   That should not be a matter of opinion, they should be trying these plays in practice and looking at film and actual throws – are they short, inaccurate?  I think they were.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Here’s another example: “We need to figure out what works best on offense and hitch our wagon to it”

Memo: What often works best is EXPLOITING THE OTHER TEAM’S WEAKNESSES.  This generally will change week-to-week and from 1st half to 2nd half.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Oh please this is all that needs to be said. Sick of this offensive identity bulls**t. Patriots have been the best because the exploit the other teams weaknesses. They find a weak point and smash away at it whatever that may be. Yes comparing the Utes to the Patriots is unrealistic but it p**ses me off when we speak about offensive identity. The only identity should be to score f**king points. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

My thought on Saturday is that they were hoping that halftime would settle Huntley down and that would lead to better play.  It didn’t work.  They should have been prepared to make a QB switch and had some plans in place to modify the offense along with that.  

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Well after the first 3-and-out of the 3rd Q, good time to try something, anything, else, in my opinion.  If you’re going to say “Huntley is our guy” you still have to have a cut-off in effectiveness on a given day where you at least try the backup for a series or three.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Agreed. That first 3 and out after half time should’ve been Williams time. That was when the air really left the stadium.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Halftime Adjustments…