Help build Ute Hub – invite some friends!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Saw a twitter discussion about Ute fan boards a few minutes ago. I do what I can to try and promote the site, but the best way to get the site to grow is by word of mouth.  If you have 30 extra seconds to spare, put a message out on your social networks and invite your connections to join!  Also, don’t forget each post here has a share button.  You can share posts directly to twitter or facebook.  That could help out too!

If you have suggestions on how to make the site better, let me know. I actually listen and try to implement great ideas!

GO UTES!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I love the layout of this board and I am using the app more to post. 

Only improvement I could suggest is maybe moving the top posts or a recent topics list to the top of the website. I like how I can open the app and click right on the recent posts. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for the suggestion. If you go to the Forum menu and select Recent Posts, you’ll get the posts with the most recent activity.  Let me know if that’s what you are looking for. Here’s a link: https://www.utehub.com/recent-posts/

I do like the “recent activity” feature on the app too.  The app is great for scrolling the posts. 

Mule
      Ute Fan
      @mule

One comment/question….why do links in posts sometimes work and sometimes don’t? I assume it just depends if the poster makes them a hyperlink vs plain text, but thought I’d ask.

Also for these dead links, is there a way to enable a copying function for the app? I can copy text when signed into the web, but not from the app (I’m android).

Thanks, Tony!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Mule the answer to your question is quite complicated. The website attempts to automagically parse links if possible.  So if you post a youtube or twitter link it automatically generates a preview.  But that only works on the web.  The app can’t really do that so it is difficult to make the links work exactly the same between the web and the app.  In the last version of the app I tried to make the interface force the user to do specific links like youtube etc, which helps, but making both platforms play the same is quite difficult. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Regarding copying text, that’s something I can look into!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I love having a Ute sports board that doesn’t get political.  Thanks Tony.  You do a great job!!!

I would love having more UteHub users and more perspectives from fellow Utes.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Help build Ute Hub – invite some friends!