Hindsight being 20/20

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah’s offense was held back by two things possibly. At least the way I see it the RB room was a mess. The drama surrounding it just never got cemented until JJ took the reigns and Bernard was healthy. I am interested to see if JJ being the guy next season leads to a mass improvement in the offense.
      Kuithe injury. It occurred early enough to be a significant factor. This caused Rising to heavily lean on Kincaid. Which is why for next season Yassmin taking those progressions could be huge. It is nice to see Vele back but I think Rising likes to lean on his trusted peeps.
      Obviously relying on 8-9 scripted Rising keeps a game took a toll on his body and it was evident after USC what it took for him to secure a victory. I think we saw some tentative behavior from Rising because of that injury. That is my big question is mentally can Rising overcome that. He was a warrior against USC at home. It came with a lot of physical dangers. If Utah has their rushing attack figured out it will lead to good things.
      I also hope they integrate NJ jn the offense more. Seems like NJ took the reps JJ was getting. Those wildcat looks by JJ were not the best early on either.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Cam injury was a primary factor also

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The greatest disappointment this year was Tavion Thomas having 21 TD’s the year before and only 7 this year. Man, what could have been for this kid!

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

One thing that is majorly overlooked which began with the Kuithe injury and got worse with Kincaid out of the RB was the incredible blocking these two men do when they are not catching balls.  Major factor.  Kincaid eventually got there, but Yassmin and the other guys just never got there.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hindsight being 20/20