Trustworthy news source – or not?

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute
        2 4

zeous
        Ute Fan
        @zeous

Faith in sources is not required if one posseses the skills necessary for critical analysis. That article cited other sources and included photos and videos.

7 1

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

@Zeous, so I don’t ”posess the skills necessary for critical analysis” because you post an article from a non-reputable source, and expect others to 1- figure out what your point even is, 2- spend time weeding out the grains of truth from a highly suspect source? Brilliant.

From your other posts, you’ve mentioned Muslim neighborhoods in countries like France and Sweden, being problematic because of their Muslim immigrant populations. I’ve said before that I’ve noticed that immigrants/refugees in Europe get settled into concentrated areas, some of which obviously have become more like ghettos. The Europeans can help themselves with better integration plans, the rest of the world can help by sharing the refugee burden, among other things. I don’t, however, think these incidents reveal some attempt by Muslims to take over and make the Swedes submit to Sharia Law. I don’t know for sure if that’s what you’re implying, since again, you didn’t tell us what your actual point is.

The WaPo article suggests someone in this neighborhood was arrested, word got out, and some people threw rocks at police and burned things. It seems to me there is distrust between the immigrant community and the police. I’m not seeing where this is a Muslim thing, and in fact sounds very similar to issues we have here in the US.

The Zero hedge article compiles many different incidents into an argument that this immigrant community is out of control, and it suggests Donald Trump is owed an apology for making reference to something specific that didn’t actually happen last Friday night. He is owed no such thing, and in fact his rhetoric is hyperbolic in addition to being inaccurate. (But what’s new).

1 2

zeous
            Ute Fan
            @zeous

The point was simple… That ideology is not a peaceful one, and the evidence continues to pile up.

SkinyUte
              Ute Fan
              @skinyute

A criticism which could be leveled at any religion across the entire span of human history.

zeous
                Ute Fan
                @zeous

Indeed.

SkinyUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @skinyute

Then why the regular 2 Minute Hate for this one specifically?

zeous
                    Ute Fan
                    @zeous

Seems obvious to me, but… Because there’s an enormous push to import millions to all parts of this country which is relatively peaceful.

Said religion is political and has established theocratic colonies all over Europe instead of adopting and integrating into the existing culture/system.

There is no reason nor evidence to expect different results here.

It does not matter how good/accomodating/welcoming/generous/whatever the hosts are if the newcomers refuse to integrate.

Said ideology is hard-core xenophobic and does not wish to integrate. The few indivuduals who leave are not enough to combat colonies within whose population growth far exceeds the host population.

Many people find it extremely difficult to leave Mormonism… Imagine how much more difficult it must be to leave a cult if you have witnessed first-hand murder of an apostatate, or of anyone who breaks the rules where the punishment is death.

This ideology is a looooooong way from the current state of Christianity or atheism or Buddhism or… Or is it? What religion/ideology is behind DC and the continual bombing?

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

ZeroHedge has an extreme conservative bias, but it did happen. Here’s a report from Chicago Tribune as well.

According to the conservative folks on my social media feed, this event apparently means that Sweden is truly a the third-world hellhole that Trump described, and since he correctly predicted the future, that makes him god-king for life. Or something…

Newbomb Turk
        Ute Fan
        @newbombturk

Yeah. Trump said it happened last Friday. So….since it happened a few days later, it makes him right. I hope he doesn’t say Utah is gonna catch on fire last night.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The crime rate in Sweden is roughly flat over the past few decades, but immigration is greatly up over the same period (and especially since 2011). The percentage of immigrants rose from ~9% in 1990 to 15% today.

Crime Rate 2005-2014

This article has a good discussion of the situation:
        http://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/20/14669572/sweden-trump-immigrant-crime

Anonymous
        Inactive

Have read Zerohedge since it’s inception. Most often, it’s good stuff. Just be mindful of the bias.

“The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells “stop!”, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.”

Tyler Durden

I provided the production financing for Fight Club, but have never seen the movie. I was repaid.

Viewing 2 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Hmmm… peaceful.