Home Page Updates – Please Clear Your Cache and Refresh

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ok it is fairly quiet right now with the loss and the bye week, so good time to implement the “user experience” tweaks I’ve been working about 3 weeks on.  I’m working to clean up the look but not add or take away features necessarily.  Just make things a little better, cleaner, improved on mobile… and fix that firefox like button bug.

You should see a very slightly different layout in the home page:

• Eliminate button borders and reduce text footprint at bottom of posts and replies.  Take focus off of them to make it more on the content.
      • Move like buttons to header of each topic/reply, upper right
      • Change date of post from the super long format to a Twitter style, like 3h  (this shortens it, simplifies it, and makes it take up less space on mobile)
      • Make user avatar bigger, because there’s plenty of space for that to happen without increasing the content size.  More like Twitter.
      • Move category and post time from the bottom buttons to the header, and make the text smaller and less obtrusive. The time is, after all, not a button.
      • Move user name to top of post.  Format:  avatar – user – category – time

Thanks for your patience. Things may not be perfect, but hopefully close. If stuff looks really whacked make sure you clear your browsing data (cache, cookies, history etc). I’m looking on my phone and it looks GREAT. Hoping for the same on your devices.

GO UTES!

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

I’m on an iPad, and this looks great.  Nicely done, Tony.

96GradAlum
      @96gradalum

Love love love the changes – makes each post and the entire page much more readable!!!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s the idea. A better flow. Less chaotic. More smooth and easy to read.  Better on mobile.  I lokoed on my android phone, my tablet and my wife’s iPhone 6 and I LOVE the look.

AdamTheUte
      @adamtheute

Looks great.  Love it.  

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

This looks amazing. I love this format. Thanks Tony.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Nice.  I can confirm that home page thumbs up votes now work in Firefox.

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

Definitely flows better visually. Thanks for going through the trouble!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub Home Page Updates – Please Clear Your Cache and Refresh