How far does Oregon drop?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 2

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I’m thinking 7-9 spots, somewhere around 13-15

This loss cripples the PAC-12 champion getting into the final four, I’m afraid.  

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

We need some help, but it’s not that out of reach.  Bama either needs to struggle or lose to Auburn, Georgia needs to lose the SEC championship and we need to look good the next two weeks.  Oklahoma will only pass us if they dominate the next two weeks. We are in pretty decent position and I’m guessing we will be at #6 tonight, slightly behind Bama.

loyter
        Ute Fan
        @loyter

Nothing would make me happier than an Alabama loss. They have one of the most insufferable fan bases in the world. Their main argument for getting into the playoff is “We should get in because it says Alabama on our jerseys.”

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Oklahoma is favored by 2 TDs vs Oklahoma State in Stoolwater.   This rivalry can easily flip, especially if OSU gets and early lead and the fanbase gets into it — fans sit very close to the field.  They have the country’s leading rusher, Chuba Hubbard.  Though their starting QB is out the backup did a good job at West Va (albeit a weak team this year).  

1 1

User Suspended
      @a2ute

They certainly didn’t look good for 3 1/2 quarters against ASU. Because the game was in primetime of the east coast EVERYONE saw this.  Yes, it was only a 3 point loss on the road but they simply didn’t pass the eye test.  And yes, this loss may come back to haunt the Utes.

I say 13 sounds about right.  

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Worst case scenario: ranked 15
      Best case scenario: ranked 10

It’ll be somewhere in the middle

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Nah. Oregon = Baylor.

Utah Jr.
      Ute Fan
      @utahjr

Honestly, Oregon should have won that game pretty easily, I think Oregon is worse than Baylor. Oregons QB looked really bad.

2 1

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Most national guys still think Utah is in if they win out and LSU beats Georgia. I don’t think OU passes us if we both win out. All that said, go OKS this weekend!

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Josh Furlong twitter

So … playing around with FiveThirtyEight’s playoff prediction model and it’s very clear Oklahoma has a massive impact on Utah earning a playoff bid.

If Utah wins out, and it’s chalk from everyone but Oklahoma, Utah has a 62% chance of CFP. If Oklahoma wins, Utah goes to 21%

loyter
        Ute Fan
        @loyter

The trouble with Oklahoma is that the committee can put them in and say, “see, we put in a team from the west.”

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How far does Oregon drop?