Stanford: 70/128
      Oregon: 118/128

Rush Defense: 
      Rutgers: 125/128
      Idaho: 104/128
      Arizona: 99/128
      Stanford: 20/128
      Oregon: 121/128

They look to be really, really good. BUT, they haven’t faced anyone yet. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Based on your logic they have scheduled down well and should run the table. My opinion is Washington is good but we have no idea how good. We won’t have a good idea even after they play Utah I believe. Because Utah is beat up pretty well. Browne is very impressive more so than Rosen in his soph slump. I would put Browne in as a Heisman contender.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yup. Schedule down. Schedule down. Schedule down. That is the key to success in college football. It is what the SEC and ACC and Big 12 do. It is what Boise St does. It is what BYU did for 30+ years. Teams that schedule up regret it. 

Hell, it is how Oregon rose to power. They scheduled cream puffs OOC, won games, recruited better, scheduled down, won more games, recruited better, scheduled down, recruited better, etc. 

We need to follow Oregon’s blueprint (and we have been to a certain extent). Schedule down, brother, schedule down. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Houston schedules down by conference affiliation but can’t defend Navy? It can bite you and we see teams that never face adversity get bit. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

True, but Houston is currently ranked 13 ahead of Boise St, who has beaten two P5 schools to Houston’s 1…oh, and Boise is undefeated. 

Play one big game early, win, then beat up a lot of crap teams. The reality is that most voters really don’t actually watch much football. So, if you can win early, and then keep winning, you will rise and end up high…whether you beat anyone good or not. 

The good news for Utah is that they are P5 now. So, all they have to do is win. Go undefeated and you are in. OOC is irrelevant. 

Anonymous
              Inactive

In the Pac 12 going undefeated is nigh impossible. Unless you cheat. 

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

How about this: I highly doubt a one loss PAC-12 team is ever left out. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How good is Washington?