I am actually really excited about football next year

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

We’ve been seeing the same guys suit up for several years. I am ready for some new faces. The defense will have a lot of WTF moments but it will be our most athletic defense ever. The offense should have more explosive potential than we’ve had since joining the Pac12.

i have a few hopes. I want to see a smaller more athletic player get PT in the front 7.

i am excited that Huntley and co are moving on. I loved him and Moss but I am ready for a QB that doesn’t look for his high school buddies first every play. I am especially glad that Simpkins will be gone. He has been our least reliable and most relied upon receiver for years.

finally, I hope that Brumfield is not the go to guy. He is a good blocker and good for short yardage, but he is basically a bigger version of shyne. He just puts his head down and runs into guys, often his own. We need more joe Williams. I hope TJ Green gets a shot. He is a dynamic athlete.

if our o-block doesn’t drastically improve Harding needs to be s**tcanned.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Oline had a negative effect on everybody other than showing Moss is ridiculous in the backfield. I doubt Joe Williams would have put up anywhere close to the same numbers as 2016. Asiata was a beast on the pull.

Brumfield avg nearly 8y/a and 171y/g in one of the toughest divisions in SEC country, that kid should be tearing up Pac12 defenses next season.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I don’t mind Brumfield, I just don’t want him to be the feature back. We need someone that can break off big runs. Brumfield is not that guy. IDGAF what he did in high school. He’s a solid back, but he has been the opposite of explosive.

And yes, we agree on the so poo poo offensive line.

Jay
      Ute Fan
      @utahhhh

Green isn’t the guy, henry cole should get the most carries, if you want dynamic watch his run against ucla

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am actually really excited about football next year