I feel bad for Stanford, Cal, OSU, and WSU

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am very happy that we landed on our feet in a P? conference. However, I think the outcome of all this realignment is grossly unfair to the four remaining PAC teams. They deserve better than this IMO. That being said – the board of regents from California, Oregon, and Washington must shoulder some of the blame. They allowed UCLA, Oregon, and UW to abandon their state’s other P5 schools. Stanford is of course another story. I suspect they may go independent and they have a huge endowment fund.

I would hate to be the football coach for these teams right now. The future of recruiting will be a challenge.

OSU is a very good team this year and will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder in 2023. They will be out to prove something. The OSU game already concerned me. But, now I am even more concerned.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

While I still feel bad for WSU and OSU, as I’ve thought about it more, I’m not feeling as bad for Cal and Stanford. While USC should take the most blame for blocking previous expansion, I think Cal and Stanford contributed to the belief that the PAC was above / better than Big12 schools that were there for the taking (particularly in seeing themselves as superior in academic regards).

In short, the arrogance of the PAC12 was a big part of its downfall, and Stanford and Cal are partly responsible for that arrogance.

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

Stanford and Cal are fine. They’ll land wherever they want. The other two though…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 I feel bad for Stanford, Cal, OSU, and WSU