I have a friend who is interested in going to the Utah volleyball game this week

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

And I plan on trying to get tickets to go. I’ve never been to a Ute volleyball game though, and admittedly don’t know much about the team.

Can anyone help me out with tips on how best to go about it? I noticed that they sell tickets for general admission and reserved floor seats, how significant is the difference? Finally, any good info on the team would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Can’t help you much about seating, but if you want to know about the sport in general and a few of the players, I can help. I played club for the U and was a student-assistant coach on the women’s team, and coached club ball…a long time ago.

Our “heavy/hard” hitter is Truman (pin-hitter/right). The do-it-all, all-conference outside hitter is Anae (whose brother is on the football team). Oblad, middle, has made meaningful improvement to her game this year. The team runs a 6-2 system. New-comers who are note-worthy at the moment are Barton (outside hitter; yes, related to the football Bartons) and Koerber.

This year’s team is a mix of young freshmen and a couple of seniors, with Anae in particular. Although we are ranked #12 in the country, we have lost close matches to other top-25 teams including TDS, Oregon, and Kentucky. We did beat a top-15 team in San Diego, at home. We have a couple of tough match-ups coming up in UCLA and USC, and both of those teams are pretty inconsistent.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Justaute hit the nail on the head. Anae-ilator is the career kills leader for Utah.

Oblad and Truman are great support, Oblad was named the Pac12 defensive player of the week a week ago. Played part in a win over a tough Washington team who was down a couple key players.

Barton and Koerber are both lefties, underclassman. I can honestly say this is the best we’ve been since joing the Pac12. We’ve been good before, and competitive, but not competing as well against top 25 like this year. And part of the reason we’re doing well in the Pac12 is because USC isn’t dominating like they did a couple years ago. Can’t remember the players name but she was all-american, serving, killing, and just downright amazing.

justaute, could you explain the 6-2 for us novices? Also what other systems are there, I know Washington played a different system due to injuries, but I’m not an expert on what the systems are, I’m assuming it has to do with rotations, and formations, kind of like in soccer, but I don’t know.

Most of all just take it all in, this is a great team to go watch.

scott
      Ute Fan
      @scott

I don’t post much so I don’t know how to post a picture of a free family pass. I’m pretty certain it is handed out at home games so it should be unlimited use with a different email addresses. So here are the instructions.
      1. Go to Utahtickets.com and click Volleyball
      2. Click on voucher redemption: Code = VBTEAM
      3. Click on match, confirm and print tickets
      Basically it is general admission and you sit anywhere. I think the BYU match this year was the largest crowd ever for a volleyball game at the U and there was plenty of lower bowl seats available. Haven’t checked, but they were supposed to have the new big screen done in time for this next home stretch so that will be cool to see.
      If you can make it out to a game, this is the year to do it. This team is the best team I can remember in a long time. Carly T can touch 10′-6″ and Adora Anae might be the best player to play at Utah (at least that I’ve seen in the last 10 years). I think she just became the schools leader in kills. If they can stay healthy they could give any team a run for their money. Most of the time, I feel like Beth knows how to push her teams into playing their best at the end of the year.

scott
      Ute Fan
      @scott

I guess I didn’t really answer your question about seating.  If it costs extra for floor seats I don’t think it is worth it because the ref’s stand blocks quite a bit. But it is kind of cool if you’ve never sat that close. I usually sit on the floor level but I prefer a close up lower bowl seat on the same side as the down ref so you get a clear shot of the play at the net. A corner seat behind one of the teams also isn’t bad.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I’ll be there, and I’m bringing Ms. Leftyjace. Look for the absolute most stunning blonde beauty in the world, sitting next to a big bald guy. That’s us. 🙂

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

And I’m speaking specifically about Friday Night’s game. We won’t make the Sunday game, unfortunately.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports I have a friend who is interested in going to the Utah volleyball game this week