I just cannot wrap my mind around any of this.

Viewing 8 reply threads
      19 3

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Millions upon millions of otherwise rational people are watching the same videos, interviews, and press conferences as the rest of us where Trump and his administration lie about things that are on record and easily accessible by the general public. Yet, they somehow don’t see it as problematic, for the US or the Presidency, that the most powerful man in the world appears to live in his own reality where “alternative facts” are completely acceptable. What’s worse is that most of the folks I’ve talked to about it vehemently defend Trump every step of the way.

The constant baldfaced lies and dangerous rhetoric are unlike anything we’ve seen before in this country. Policy debates have taken a backseat to the fight against normalizing irrational and crass behavior. Many of the same people who voted for Trump constantly bitch about transparency in government, but don’t appear to be bothered by any of this. Are they too entrenched in their support of him to admit any wrong, or are they as delusional as the new POTUS? Both scenarios are equally terrifying.

I don’t trust many politicians, and find both major parties largely despicable, but the GOP has entered uncharted waters. These are strange days we’re living in, and it will be interesting to see what the world looks like in four years.

1 2

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

9 3

PDXUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @pdxutefan

I just can’t understand the acceptance of PURE hypocrisy by Trump and his minions, it doesn’t make sense to me on any level. A very basic and simple example: all through the campaign so much was made of Hillary and her private email servers, it was among the biggest talking points for over a year and one could argue the late investigation (which yielded nothing) by the FBI cost her the election. Trump and his supporters even chanted things like “lock her up” because of it. And yet here we learn that Trump and several of his underlings have their own private email servers….and people are OK with it. Seriously….what. the. f**k! How does this make any sense to anyone who supports Trump?!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316414-trump-voters-think-he-should-be-allowed-to-have-a-private-email

The amount of pure bulls**t that is flying around the interwebs right now, being spewed by people who literally have no f**king clue what they are talking about, is staggering. You know things are getting bad when even the media is printing articles every single day that basically say “wait…wait a minute, that’s just not true, at all”. 

As a scientist I’m terrified, this cannot become the new norm, we can not tailspin into a reality where blatant lying and 100% falsehoods aren’t just accepted, but deamed perfectly normal to spread. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

It wasn’t a problem that Hillary had a private email server. The problem was that she was sending and receiving classified documents on that private email server. After this was discovered, she lied about it and attempted to cover it up. That is quite a bit different than simply having a private email server. Or at least that is my understanding of things. 

Riot West
          Ute Fan
          @riotwest

You’re absolutely right. HRC was in the wrong. I also wonder how much Russian p**s-pr0n was in those deleted emails of hers. And perhaps, much like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-roll Pop, the world will never know.

UTE98
          Ute Fan
          @ute98

Hillary having a private email server is not a problem. Having a private email server she uses to conduct official U.S. government business, discuss U.S. government business and of course the classified information, THOSE are problems. I know a few things about these things. I conduct official government business on official government systems using official government email. But hey put a server in your bath tub and conduct whatever business you want for the U.S. government you’re Hillary Clinton and thus the rules don’t apply to you. Let them eat cake!

4 1

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

Hillary having a private email server is not a problem. Having a private email server she uses to conduct official U.S. government business, discuss U.S. government business and of course the classified information, THOSE are problems. I know a few things about these things. I conduct official government business on official government systems using official government email. But hey put a server in your bath tub and conduct whatever business you want for the U.S. government you’re Hillary Clinton and thus the rules don’t apply to you. Let them eat cake!

Then I suppose it’s a good thing that Jason Chaffetz will be looking into what business Trump and his staff are conducting on their server.  I’m sure that investigation will start any…day…now.

2 2

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

How can anyone in a good conscience give this post a thumbs down?

Henry Johnston
      Ute Fan
      @henryj80

I feel the same way.  I’ve had to  take a break from Facebook because there is much crap floating around. There are no facts anymore because you can find anything to support your position on  the interweb no matter how farfetched.

2 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

mybe he is our version of Kim Jong II?

2 7

Anonymous
      Inactive

After the treatment Trump got from the leftist media, he doesn’t trust them, nor should he.  He’s playing them like a drum.  They’re freaking out because they’re no longer in control.

5 1

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

Them who? In muzzling free speech, censoring government information, verifiably lying, shaming dissent, this is good? This is normal? This is Democratic? 

7 2

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Your’re right, we should just let the government control the message like N. Korea, China, and Russia.  It’s mind boggling that the conservatives are OK with what is happening.

2 3

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Every politician has presented lies, half-truths and self serving facts.  Trump is just less slick about it.

4 2

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Difference is Trump’s unprecedented ego.  How many times now has he given demonstrably false statements about the size of his inauguration crowd? Also, he has continually stated that the only reason he didn’t win the popular vote was because of illegal voting but has not provided a shred of evidence to support that claim.

Trump is a textbook narcissist.  He’s the f**king POTUS for crying out loud but acts like an eighth grader.  It’s embarrassing.

2 2

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Less slick? More like so in your face that it should insult your intelligence. We often think politicians lie about things, but it used to be when we caught them in a lie it was big news. Now, we have a POTUS who constantly bends reality to suit his narrative.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Facts don’t matter. Factual claims are merely pretexts. Politics is now an identitarian team sport and objective goals such as facts, objective statistics, nonpartisan ethical examination, the rule of law, Marbury v. Madison, Enlightenment notions of liberty, reason and respect for others are quaint and naive and inapplicable in the all-or-nothing culture war ahead. The GOP has been tampering with extremism just like the PLO did with Islamic terrorism or the person in the neighborhood who bought that wild dog for protection. Eventually, the only thing left is you trapped in a corner.

3 1

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

This is the first time in my life that I watched a presidential administration closely every one of its first days.  It’s downright embarrassing and I refuse to take ownership of it.  

Double space to annoy Tony. 

We either have to accept that this is the idiocracy era and watch the reality show bs, or in two years vote in enough people with the balls to say our so-called president was a horrible, horrible mistake. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics I just cannot wrap my mind around any of this.