I want this kid

Viewing 2 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Nate Johnson will be one of the most coveted QBs in the 2022 recruiting class, mark my words.

My mouth is watering watching his tape. Could you imagine how good he would look in a Utah uniform? He’s the type of QB Ludwig would do wonders with given a couple of years to coach him up. He’s a must get for us.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I want this kid too but I’m not too hopeful at the moment. His stats are just….freak level.

clocked a sub 10.49-100m.
      He had the highest rating in the camp with a 108 score, highlighted by a 4.56-40, 4.12 shuttle and a 37″ vertical.

Here’s what he had to say about his Utah visit:

On the recruiting front, Johnson just returned from his first official visit to Utah and raved about his time in Salt Lake City.

“It was really nice, I loved the city and the campus,” Johnson said. “I have a great relationship with the coaches and that’s probably what stood out most about the visit for me.

“Just being able to spend time with them and the players on the team was a highlight. The players were really easy to talk with and relate with and the coaches are really friendly and I loved the environment out there.”

Johnson said he sees a good scheme fit for him as well.

“I like the offense a lot, it’s actually very similar to what we do at Clovis,” Johnson said. “It’s different terminology obviously but a lot of the same concepts and I think I would fit in really well.

“The facilities were great, I liked the campus a lot and just felt really comfortable out there. Utah is a really good all around fit and I’m definitely giving them a hard look right now.”

At this moment, I am mildly optimistic about it. I don’t want to get my hopes up too high but given that JP Zamora decommitted, that means Utah feels they are in a good spot with another QB most likely.

Nate said he wants to commit in July and he’s visiting Michigan, ASU, and UCLA is making a late push for him. I think we’ve got a real good shot on this one. He’d be an absolute steal if you ask me. Could you imagine Ja’Quinden Jackson AND Costelli AND AND Nate Johnson in the same QB room. We have an absolute STACKED QB room atm if you ask me and this kid would only bring it up another level.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Nate was recently named an Elite 11 finalist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/usatodayhss.com/lists/2021-elite-11-finals-high-school-quarterbacks-quinn-ewers/amp

Side note: USC QB commit Devin Brown and E11 finalist recently transferred to Corner Canyon HS

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I want this kid