I was worried this team would be taking a step back this year.

Viewing 4 reply threads

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

I think they are actually better overall than last year though, and they’re just starting to really gel. Coach K continues to deliver, and prove the naysayers wrong. Many of us were concerned in the offseason with the loss of talent in Poeltl, Tucker, Loveridge, Taylor, and even Chapman, and the recruiting class didn’t do a ton to make us think we’d be able to rebound so quickly to the level we’ve been at in recent years. God bless that man.

Even as close as the ASU win was I came away impressed with Utah’s play. The Sun Devils remind me of Utah in Krystkowiak’s first season. They don’t have much talent, but they feed off Hurley’s emotion and play a gritty form of basketball. They’ll be in games that they have no business being competitive in, and will pull off another upset or two before the season is over. Utah being able to overcome a raucous comeback by ASU at home was big, and following it up with a blowout of a decent USC team is huge.

Sidenote to the ASU game; we were standing outside Wells Fargo Arena waiting for the players to exit, as my kids wanted a pic with Kuzma and Daniels. Andre Miller suddenly strolls by, so I grab him, and tell my kids they’re taking a picture with him. My fifteen year old blurts out loudly “who’s that guy”. Andre looked so dejected, and I was as close as I have ever been to violently laying hands on my child. He smiled through it, and afterwards I explained the greatness of ’98 while chastising her for embarrassing me in front of Utah royalty. All this after I spent the bulk of the car ride to the arena teaching them the ills of celebrity worship after I heard them discussing the Kardashians.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Andre Miller > Kardashians, all combined

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

I took a monster dump this morning that I value more than the Kardashians. I was hugely disappointed in that conversation topic.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Last night’s game was fantastic. They looked great. I turned it on when it was 10-0 so I got to see the good part.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Last night’s game was fantastic. They looked great. I turned it on when it was 10-0 so I got to see the good part.

I took two snaps with my phone:  1. Utah 0 USC 10  2. Utah 11 USC 10

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

It seemed like I just blinked and it went from 0-10 to 9-10. What a dominant performance!

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Getting down big early and making a quick comeback seems to be this team’s M.O.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m very surprised and happily so.  Adding Collette and #2 (can’t remember his name, too lazy to look it up) has made a huge difference.  Jace has potential, but he’s not a difference maker now like Collette is. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

#2 is Cedric Barefield.

He had some great shots last night. And a helluva steal on the full-court press that lead to a layup right there (since he stole the ball on a cross-pass right next to the basket).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I was worried this team would be taking a step back this year.