I wish people wouldn’t use up a whole page talking about music

Viewing 4 reply threads
      11 9

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

I come here to alk about Utah sports. I remeber on certain evenings whole pages at UFN would be used up by people talking about music. They’d even link videos and stuff and I’d have to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN THE PAGE to read about some two star sign-and-send prospect. Then there was the toxic back and forth about who was great and who sucked. I doubt anyone has ever had their mind changed about bands by something they read on an interner sports board. I know a lot of quality posters who left UFN because of all the music posts.

Don’t let this site go down the tubes the way UFN did. Take your music to a music discussion board. And that goes for pizza too.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

O.M.G. 

Quit hating on my love for all things Taylor Swift. 

lol. 

This. This is what gets us through the offseason. 

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Can you recommend some good Taylor Swift to a brother? you can email them if you aren’t comfortable sharing here

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Can you recommend some good Taylor Swift

Error, object not found.

PorterRockwell
            Ute Fan
            @porterrockwell

that’s not nice.  I thought I saw her doppleganger at a Utah football game last season.  for all I know it might have been her!!

4 3

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am starting to get upset about having to scroll past three to four bitching and moaning post a day. 

At this point first world problems needs its own category.

Excuse me if I missed your sarcasm. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

On the home page you can solve your issue with this by doing 1 of 2 things:

1. Click on the “Hide Replies” button in the header. It will reduce ALL posts on the home page to topic only so you can browse easily past long threads. If you find a thread that’s interesting when browsing, click “Show Replies” under the topic.

2. Click on “Hide Replies” in the particular topic which is too long for you. It will be reduced to just the topic and not the replies.

You can also shorten your scrolling by shrinking all content with the Shrink All button in the header. It may say “Expand All” in which case content is already shrunk. You can toggle it and the site will remember that next time you visit as it will with the global hide/show replies.

Anonymous
        Inactive

DanielLaRussoUte
        Ute Fan
        @daniellarussoute

He’s joking.

Anonymous
          Inactive

That certainly was my hope. 

Uterider
        Ute Fan
        @uterider

Sorry to have put you to the trouble of explaining that, since my post was pure snark.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Got me. Well hopefully that explanation will help someone.

5 3

Uterider
            Ute Fan
            @uterider

It won’t. Somebody will be bitching before this time tomorrow. Now, back to MY personal problem: why won’t you tailor this board to fit MY personal tastes? So many of us left UFN because “certain” toxic posters kept posting about “certain” subjects and people like me were not agreed with nearly as often as we feel like we should have been. I demand satisfaction. Failing this, I will take my free access and posting privlidges here and apply them elsewhere. I have spoken.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Sounds like it’s time for a fundraiser!

4 1

DieHardUtahUtesFan
      Ute Fan
      @diehardutahutesfan

I’m pretty sure the response to @fivedollarshake proved his point. The posters from utefans are so against change its a miracle they made it over here.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Perhaps just need categories (which can be turned off/on) for things like music, movies, TV, or possibly a combined category?   I know there are likely political threads going on but like UFN, am able to turn hide those discussions and avoid all the inevitable hostility.

4 6

Uterider
          Ute Fan
          @uterider

But I hate music posts and don’t think I should have to uncheck a catagory or scroll down. You music lovers are intolerant of my wishes and I find the whole thing toxic.

3 1

DieHardUtahUtesFan
            Ute Fan
            @diehardutahutesfan

I’m new here so I want to make sure I know what’s going on. Tony asked for a suggestion. Someone made a suggestion. Someone created a post that called the suggestion a demand by a religious nut. Someone said they just thought the suggestion would get people to be nicer and keep room for people like FFU and they didn’t want to come off as super demanding.

Now this thread is someone being intolerant of the person who made the suggestion and calling them intolerant which is exactly what their last post claimed they were trying not to be because they think their suggestion would open up Utehub to more people. Right? I ask because I am sure someone will come out of this a winner.

3 2

SkinyUte
              Ute Fan
              @skinyute

Sorry, could you repeat everything after “I’m…”?

DieHardUtahUtesFan
                Ute Fan
                @diehardutahutesfan

” new here so I want to make sure I know what’s going on. Tony asked for a suggestion. Someone made a suggestion. Someone created a post that called the suggestion a demand by a religious nut. Someone said they just thought the suggestion would get people to be nicer and keep room for people like FFU and they didn’t want to come off as super demanding.

Now this thread is someone being intolerant of the person who made the suggestion and calling them intolerant which is exactly what their last post claimed they were trying not to be because they think their suggestion would open up Utehub to more people. Right? I ask because I am sure someone will come out of this a winner.”

2 1

SkinyUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @skinyute

I was kidding, but thanks.

Uterider
                    Ute Fan
                    @uterider

Sarcasm or even spoofing seems to to work on this thread. I thought I was being very obvious above.

Uterider
                      Ute Fan
                      @uterider

seems *not* to work, I meant

SkinyUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @skinyute

I thought I was as well. Of course, Diehard might have been smart-ass’ing my smart-ass response. I’m pretty sure that would cause a smart-ass-ception, which could possibly destroy the known universe.

Be careful out there, people.

Tony (admin)
                  Admin/Founder
                  @admin

LOL LOL !!!!!

Uterider
              Ute Fan
              @uterider

I wasn’t being intolerant. I was mocking. Heres the difference: Intolerance calls for a stop of certain activity. “This is intolerable. I will not tolerate this. Stop this.”  Mockery loves action. Keep this up so I can mock it further. When you stop doing this, I’ll have to stop mocking you.

DieHardUtahUtesFan
                Ute Fan
                @diehardutahutesfan

keep believing that. you are definitely winning with your successful sarcasm. mockery isn’t uncivil browbeating at all. you sure showed fivedollar.

PorterRockwell
            Ute Fan
            @porterrockwell

#firstworldproblemssuck amirite?

PorterRockwell
          Ute Fan
          @porterrockwell

wouldn’t that make extra work for people? not that a little bit of work ever hurt anybody

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc I wish people wouldn’t use up a whole page talking about music