If not drafted, can they come back?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Saw Sione isn’t projected until super late in the draft.

Any chance he could come back? We could use help in the RB room lol

I’m mostly joking but am honest in asking if they can choose to come back

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

no, it’s not like basketball.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

The minute the athlete signs with an agent, he can no longer return with eligibility.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I honestly think (from a fan perspective) it was a strange choice for him to declare for the draft.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I heard that Sione’s family is in a tough spot financially. Even if he goes late in the draft, he’s likely going to make more money than Utah could’ve offered through NIL. So although he could’ve increased his draft stock by playing another year, I don’t think he was looking at things that way.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

NFL doesn’t have guaranteed contracts and I don’t believe they start paying until you actually make the final cut and the season starts. So until then, he’s just trying to keep his head above water with whatever stipend he would get.

If his family needed money, there had to be a better short-term option. It feels like they got caught up in the hype of a couple of good games against a couple of really bad defenses.

S.CarolinaUte
            Ute Fan
            @s-carolinaute

All rounds have signing bonuses. For example, Vaki at #132 4th round. The signing bonus is between 120,000 – 150,000. Also, the contract should be 4.3 million dollars.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Not only will he get paid his signing bonus, but he’ll get paid for practicing. The fact that the contract isn’t guaranteed just means they can cut him and not pay out the rest of his contract.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

i take back what i said. he got drafted!!

Rick Walker
      Ute Fan
      @big2890

Lions just drafted him in the 4th round (pick 132) so it doesn’t matter anyway😃 happy for sione

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Just saw that. 4th round is far better than he ever could’ve done staying around for another year of NIL. Very happy for Sione!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If not drafted, can they come back?