If some one…

Viewing 4 reply threads
      17 1

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

would have told you week 9 this squad would be 6-2 with Bryson Barnes as QB, a flurry of injuries and derailments you would take it 10/10 times. I’m proud of this team and there is still much to accomplish and cheer for. Proud of #16 man. Hats off to Oregon.

2 3

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I would not take that 10/10 times. i’d rather build toward the future. 🤷‍♂️ if i heard bryson barnes was the starter and we aren’t getting to the PAC12 championship. i’d take it 0/10 times.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Barns has grit … that is all .

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

Barnes is tough, and i’m not taking anything away from him.
          i just don’t. believe he has much upside. i find it pointless to have a QB that is not good enough when you have younger guys with more upside.

RedUte14
            Ute Fan
            @redute14

i’d rather go 4-8 to make sure the next 3-4 years are good.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Agreed, if Utah goes 9-3 in season this year with a bowl win it’ll be an amazing season.

Barnes has has some amazing growth this year, tough to see these games in the moment though.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

I haven’t seen Barnes improve, other then finally stepping up in the pocket a few times, but still not reading his progressions to find the open man.

Doesn’t mean he can’t improve, just I haven’t seen it.

I think the coaches decided early on they’d play with the higher floor and will live with the lower ceiling.

Problem is this game manager has 5 INTs, and none of the gunslinger plays that would go with having so many INTs

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

Oh but yes I agree that being 6-2 with Barnes is good, surprising for sure. But it speaks to the rest of the team not Barnes, today’s game not withstanding.

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

After every damn loss there’s always somebody on here saying….”if you woulda told me at the beginning of the year….”
      Whatever makes yah feel better by an ass kicking I guess. More power to yah!

1 1

ArcheryUte
        Ute Fan
        @craig

Thanks recon, I appreciate the encouragement

ReconUte
          Ute Fan
          @reconute

I’m sorry not personal towards you specifically. Tough loss to swallow but as always Go Utes!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is copium but yeah. This season is scuff and 6-2 is pretty nice.
      Sending USC packing still sweet.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If some one…