I’m proud of this team

Viewing 4 reply threads

alharmon
      @alharmon

For not giving up in a hostile environment down big. They certainly have a lot of fight in them, and splitting the Arizona road trip this year is a HUGE success!! Heartbreaking at the end, but I’m proud of them for battling back. Hopefully this road trip gives them some momentum for the rest of the year, and they finish off strong! Let’s go Utes!! 

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I agree!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Agreed. They did not play well, but they showed testicular fortitude and hung tough. I’m proud of them.

3 1

McAfeeKnob
      Ute Fan
      @ogdenparaiso

Man I wish we could have got a better shot off there at the end. After having seen the replay, I don’t know what more you could ask for with a chance to win the game. Tillman had the ball right under the basket with one guy guarding him. Unfortunately, he felt the defender body checking him and he panicked and threw the ball up, probably expecting to draw a foul. Just a freshman play, next time he needs to give a pump fake and look for an open guy for the winner. 

We appreciate the fight, but we need to stop falling behind early and find a way to execute better at the end. I want to see these guys win some big games.

alharmon
        @alharmon

Thursday night I saw a big win…

2 4

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Not sure it gives them “momentum”? Tough loss that could of been a big win with the last shot to win it. Bottom line, the loss is no different than a 20 point loss if the goal is to get to the big dance. Utes are overall improving as a basketball team playing UofA close to the wire. They played hard and did not give up. Will be interesting to see how consistent the team plays to close out the year. Year 7 for coach K and only two trips to the NCCA tournament. This will be Coach Ks second year in a row not going to the big dance..Go Utes!

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

What do you mean that they won’t be going to the Big Dance? Their RPI is at 48 right now and if they were to win the remainder of their games they’d be right where they’d need to be RPI-wise. Also, there’s still the Pac-12 tournament, where hopefully they get another chance at Arizona. They’re barely halfway through their conference games and you’re already writing them off? Okay ultimate Debbie Downer. Six of Utah’s first ten Pac-12 games were on the road and they’re 5-5 in league play. That’s pretty decent actually, considering they’ve already played the most difficult part of their schedule.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I’m proud of this team