IMO this is a must read on Chris Hill. Not a Kragthorpe fan but this column is

Viewing 3 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

That is a nice article. Chris Hill is a good guy.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

It is a great article and Chris Hill is one of the best in the country.  Unfortunately, Pershing does not like him that much and is trying to squeeze him out.  Pershing is terrified of the cronies at the capitol, he’s a real step backward for the U.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Do you have inside information on this opinion?  I feel like Hill will be allowed to retire when he chooses. I hope his final walk off into the sunset is a shiny new South End zone and he will make the State Elected Morons pay for it. 

Ute Bc
            Ute Fan
            @utebc

I have inside info.  And, you will get your South End Zone.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Seems like the audit was a big win for Hill and the U. I see boosters for the most part happy with Dr Hill. I know a few of them from my finance days. I know some are not happy that he hasn’t spread the wealth to little pet projects of boosters. But for the most part they are not even close to pitchforks.

Pershing is an outside hire. I never understood the hire with his background. At the time I thought maybe it is because Utah wants a new identity in the PAC. I hoped it meant he would move the U down a path away from the LDS connection but not ignoring the roots. Being sensitive to the many local LDS people who attend. Pershing seemed to win in the audit as well. I believe he knew there was nothing outrageous going on. Missing keys notwithstanding he scored quite a lot of political points in the process. I have no knowledge of Hill and Pershing’s relationship. I feel the level of cooperation that Utah did with the audit only will set up future projects. Such as South End Zone which the state of Utah should absolutely pay for.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

Outside Hire? What are you talking about? Pershing has been at the U for 3 decades now, is an excellent instructor, and even better researcher. He was the Dean of the College of Engineering for a long time, and spent 14 years as Sr VP of Academic Affairs (essentially in charge of all students and all faculty).

True, he isn’t a politician and he probably doesn’t sufficiently fellate the legislature. But overall he runs a tight ship and has proven his strengths as an administrator.

Ute Bc
                Ute Fan
                @utebc

Pershing was/is annoyed by the audit – but for all the wrong reasons.  

Anonymous
                  Inactive

What reasons would that be?  You veil your answers too much?

Ute Bc
                    Ute Fan
                    @utebc

Sorry, thought it was more transparent.  Pershing was/is mad at Hill for canceling the game.  He was mad that they had to go through the audit and not mad at the legistlature but at Hill.  He will jump whenever those humps at the capital squeak.  He has no backbone.  

Better? LOL

Anonymous
                      Inactive

Ok I was looking for something less obvious. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I went to Granger and never knew Hill taught at that school. Quite a career I still can’t believe he pulled off joining the PAC.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Hill is a top 3 AD in the country. We are lucky to have him. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) IMO this is a must read on Chris Hill. Not a Kragthorpe fan but this column is