In case you're interested, what Jazz players felt about the Russ Westbrook thing

Viewing 2 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

From the pen of Kyle Korver.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kyle-korver-utah-jazz-nba

“In a closed-door meeting with the president of the Jazz the next day, my teammates shared stories of similar experiences they’d had — of feeling degraded in ways that went beyond acceptable heckling. One teammate talked about how his mom had called him right after the game, concerned for his safety in SLC. One teammate said the night felt like being “in a zoo.” One of the guys in the meeting was Thabo — he’s my teammate in Utah now. I looked over at him, and remembered his night in NYC.

Everyone was upset. I was upset — and embarrassed, too. But there was another emotion in the room that day, one that was harder to put a finger on. It was almost like….. disappointment, mixed with exhaustion. Guys were just sick and tired of it all.”

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

What a year it’s been for Jazz fans. Racist incidents, cheering Jimmer to the point that Jazz players were visibly upset…

Honest question: Do you think you’ll ever get a legit star to want to stay with the organization? Do you expect to ever get a big name free agent to come here?

I truly wonder if fan behavior this year is going to relegate the Jazz to unfixable mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Banning BYU fans would be a good start.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Completely agree.  Unfortunately, the POS racist d-bag who got into it with Westbrook and got the lifetime ban was a Utes fan. 

Maybe we can ban him from RES and the Huntsman Center too.  The only way to get through to people like that is to shame them out of polite society.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA In case you're interested, what Jazz players felt about the Russ Westbrook thing