Interesting accounting in the season ticket invoice

Viewing 2 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

I’m a NEZ’er and the overall invoice is the same as last year but the Crimson Club obligation is 5x what it used to be. Are there advantages to the AD for them doing that?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Huh. That makes the tax deductible portion of our tickets bigger.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Is the tax deduction still around?

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

I’m pretty sure those contributions are no longer tax deductible, but I’m not a tax professional 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Then I wonder why the change… 

MFury
              Ute Fan
              @mfury

I wonder if it impacts how the AD is able to use the funds – suspect revenue likely allocated different than donations.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

My trick knee tells me that it is setting up future increases in ticket costs. Mine said $160 for each ticket which is roughly $27 per game per seat. Last year that number was around $75 per game. If they slowly raise the per game price over a period of time to get it to $75 per game and keep the obligation for the Crimson Club, they will likely keep selling the tickets while raising revenues. There is a breaking point on per game pricing that, I am guessing here, was quickly approaching at the $75 range.

My trick knee is wrong from time to time, however, not very often.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

This is exactly what is going on. 

Right now, people are used to paying X for their tickets and Z for their Crimson Club donation. By reducing X and increasing Z to equal the original amount, they are hoping to condition season ticket holders to see their higher CC donation as their normal donation amount. After a year or two of people adjusting to the new “lower” priced tickets, they will slowly begin raising ticket prices while keeping the now “normal” CC donation at the higher amount.  

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Either way, even though the school now needs funds, it is not the best time for increases.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting accounting in the season ticket invoice