Interesting game…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      1 3

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1
      Credit North Dakota, if they had the P5 talent, would have mopped the floor with the Utes. N-Dakota QB Studsrud showed a lot of heart, I was very impressed. 
      Huntley, Moss and Carrington II are quickly becoming the ‘Deadly Trio’. Carrington was as advertised, Moss gained some tough yards and Huntley after he settled down, made some “ELECTRIC” plays. 
      11/139 penalty yard against Utah. That is atrocious. That is embarrassing especially against an FCS foe and the O-line better figure it out. I get its the first game but the O-line were getting pushed around like I haven’t seen in a long time. 
      Overall, it’s what I expected. A lot that needs to be addressed but fixable in my opinion. 
      GO UTES!

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Oline started off a little confused, but I think they played ok, especially on running plays. They let too many guys come thru on the blitz and hopefully they can work out those issues.Way too many penalties. Last year our worst game was 103 yds in penalties and tonight was around 150. Some correct calls and some pretty questionable ones (Huntleys 15 yd penalty was a joke). Several questionable holding calls that kept us from putting points on the board.We got into the redzone 7-8 times and only left once without points. Problem was we settled for too many field goals because of penalties or not executing plays.Zack Moss looked great as did the blocking for him. He has good speed and lots of power.Carrington showed why Whitt was willing to bring him in. 10 catches 127 yds and a TD(and 1/2 yd short of a 2nd.Defense played very well against the run, but gave up too many 3rd and longs. NDs QB was impressive and wasn’t afraid of being hit. Our CBs had some good plays and Chase Hansen played well, but they took bad angles and had some missed tackles. LBs played the best on D, I was hoping for more pass rush with our 4 man front.Overall I wasn’t too upset, but somewhat underwhelmed. Just like you guys I think we had a pretty vanilla game plan, but I would have liked to see better execution. Offense had over 400 yds so that was nice to see. Not sure what to think about next week yet. Neither of our teams really showed their hand.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting game…