Is this correct?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The Utes had ZERO trips to the foul line last night. That’s wild if correct.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Statistically impossible. Basketball is the refs game. It’s kind of half competitive and half judged. The refs are like ice skating judges at the olympics.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Punishment for questioning the infallible P12 refs.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Yeah the optics of that correlation are crazy. The very next game after calling out a ridiculous call and getting fined, zero foul shots. 

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

First time in program history….3 FTs was the previous low in multiple games.

Conversely, UCLA shot just 4 FTs.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

7 fouls called on the Bruins. I didn’t watch or listen to the game but with both teams having low numbers means to me a lack of aggression. Possibly by both teams not forcing a whistle. I feel like at least once a game you can force a call.
        Looking at Allen’s stat line stands out to me the most. Which to me shows coaching more than swallowed whistles.
        I didn’t watch or listen so I could be wrong.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Actually, the talking heads commented that the refs were ‘sure letting them play’.  It was not stark, but the refs let much go.  Still, there was not more aggression then usual and the players really did not move to take advantage of the let them play style of the game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.