It looks like Mullen is like Whitt when it comes to hiring with his circle

Viewing 2 reply threads

who.am.i.sir
      Ute Fan
      @who-am-i-sir

Mississippi State: Texas State offensive coordinator Brett Elliott will return to the Mississippi State staff coaching the quarterbacks source tells FootballScoop. Elliott served as co-OC / quarterbacks at James Madison for the 2015 season and then as OC / quarterbacks at Texas State this past season. Prior to joining the JMU staff, Elliott was in Starkville for three seasons as part of Mississippi State’s staff.

Yes, THAT Brett Elliott. The QB prior to Alex Smith whom Mullen coached for one year 14 years ago.

He has also hired Brian Johnson whom he coached for one year; Billy Gonzales whom he coached with at Bowling Green, Utah, and Florida; and John Hevesy whom he worked with at Bowling Green, Utah, and Florida.

What I’m trying to say is, Whittingham isn’t the only coach who hires within his circle.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I’m willing t bet most coaches hire within their circle.

zeous
        Ute Fan
        @zeous

Bit foolish not to, unless one’s circle is barren.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sort of a related note but the Atlanta Falcons are making more bad decisions. Looks like they are hiring away Sarkisian from Bama already as the new OC. Sarkisian worked with Carroll, Dan Quinn worked Carroll at Seattle. Most coaches function the way Whitt does. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

If you are a coach, making millions a year, and you could lose that at any moment…it’s probably really tough to look outside your circle of trust.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It looks like Mullen is like Whitt when it comes to hiring with his circle