It’s always fun to watch USC try to tackle Covey

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It’s too bad he still isn’t here. I wish him well on his mission, but it would have been nice to have him this fall.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Now if the rest of the team had shown up against SC and Trav hadn’t given the ball away 3 times, the outcome may have been quite a bit different.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I bet it was fun for USC fans to watch our offense try to tackle that guy that kept intercepting Travis.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I was at the game. Those 3 interceptions decided the game. Complete change in momentum and directly result in 21 points, which was the ending point differential.

Then look at the Arizona game in OT. Travis Wilson completely blew the read on the last play. Threw essentially a jump ball into the corner of the endzone when he had an open receiver over the middle, no one within 5 yards for an easy 1st down, possibly a TD with YAC. It was right in front of him, yet he was fixated on one receiver in the endzone. And therein was the problem, Travis Wilson inability to read and take advantage of what the defense was giving.

You know what they say about fool me once, fool me twice, but fooled 3x? Travis Wilson was never the sharpest tool in the shed. Always said that he should have stuck to playing volleyball. Anything they put on the field this year will be an improvement.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

You say I’m obsessed? I’ve been here a week or so and almost all of your posts have been attacking me or Wilson. Lighten up dude.

And the USC game was 100% on the OC’s. Their game plan was garbage. We are a running team that had a QB with severe limitations. So, what was their plan? Throw it all day, even though that QB’s favorite target, Fakailoatonga, was just hurt.

The gameplan was terrible. We should have run, run, run and run somemore. We should have leaned on our defense. We should have waited for USC to make a mistake. We were the better team at the time and we completely bumbled that game.

Talk about stage fright. Talk about getting weak knees with the cameras on.

UteStuckInSeattle
            Ute Fan
            @utestuckinseattle

Totally agree.

After seeing the kind of game planning our coaches were capable of putting up against Oregon, the plan they came up with for SC was simply disappointing.

Mind you that when we were down 3 touchdowns about all we could do to have a hope to come back was to sling it around but the game should have never been at that point.

Too many mistakes and too much deviation from what Utah does best. Hopefully we’ll see a much better game plan when SC comes to RES this year.

GO UTES!

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

What came first, the great game calling or the great execution, or Oregon laying an egg?

jamarcus24
            Ute Fan
            @jamarcus24

Didn’t Booker only get something like 15 touches that game? I know we overused the guy, but if there was a time he needed the ball in his hands more it was that game.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

The way we used Booker was very…weird? Interesting? Wrong?

If we had kept him to 20-22 carries a game, does he never get hurt?

If we run Williams 5-10 times a game, does Williams bust out some big gains, opening up the offense?

As great as Booker was, and he was great, he didn’t have breakaway speed.

I dunno. All I know if USC was not the game to decide to abandon the run game.

Anonymous
                Inactive

I still feel a two back set should have been used more after the injuries to TE position.

Anonymous
            Inactive

I will make one last point, then I’m done with your pathetic internet life. You spent basically all of Travis Wilson’s career defending him, blaming everyone (coaches, receivers) and everything (game plan) for TW’s performance. It was bad game planning, they wouldn’t let him throw down field (he couldn’t do so very accurately), coach’s messed up his head and destroyed his confidence. Blah, blah, blah. And now you say that the game plan against USC was bad because they should have ran, ran, ran. I also distinctly recall you being called out for selective use of statistics, strategically including OOC results to bolster TW’s stats, now you’re posting that “he was lights out against OOC G5 teams, not so against PAC 12 teams.” Dude, you flip flop more than a politician, which just goes to show that you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

Dude you’re an internet hero. You should be on the Utah coaching staff because you have such an eye for talent and game planning. SMH

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

lol. Man, you are really coming off kind of crazy here. Maybe it’s time to take a step back and calm down.

The personal attacks are…well, pretty pathetic.

But, to each his own. There is a simple way to fix this problem and that is just to block me. Then you never have to have my completely offensive posts ever bothering you ever again.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Travis Wilson won Utah a lot of games. I would also put him as a top five QB in Utah history just because of the wins he has had.  I also feel Wilson isn’t entirely to blame for the losses and the kid is a warrior.   As much as we lay it on him for last years USCs game we forget the year before he executed a perfect two minute drill to beat USC for the first time as a conference opponent.

Some of 2004’s selective stats and homerisms can be annoying. But overall he has been the most correct when it has come to wins and losses for the past two seasons. But I think most will admit including 2004 it was because of defense and specials teams mostly. 2004 knows Whitts identity and that is his bread and butter.  But Wilson works in that scheme because he made some pretty incredible plays.  Wilson had a combination of problems thoughout his career. Coaching, scheme, injuries, wideouts etc but he is still a Utah Man for life.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I really hope that Covey and his cute bear slippers stay safe while he’s on his Mish.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It’s always fun to watch USC try to tackle Covey